Request has not been completed yet. Please check back in couple of minutes

Omar Sosa
Omar Sosa Member Posts: 1
edited January 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

I am calling the API to add new time entries using this: <TimeTrackingAddRq ...
But when I send several items (like 200) sometimes API returns  this message:  {"RequestId":"8f7136c0-7130-415b-8498-4362173b1df9","Data":null,"Success":true,"RetryLater":true,"Message":"Request has not been completed yet. Please check back in couple of minutes"}"Request has not been completed yet. Please check back in couple of minutes"

How can I get the expected answer? because I am waiting the response like <TimeTrackingAddRs requestID="149326495\"" ...

In this way I could get the TxnID created.

Maybe could I do a call using the RequestId, to get the expected answer, could you give me an example of the call?

Please your help."

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi Omar,
    I've asked the API team about your query and they've advised this is normal behaviour with the Reckon Accounts Hosted API when the request takes longer than approximately 2.5 minutes to process (i.e. a the sent request is asking for a significant amount of data or submitting a significant amount of data). The API returns a 'Check back..' message due to the pending request timeout.

To get the request results, an additional request submitting the RequestID that was returned with the 'Check back..; response.
    This secondary request is: https://api.reckon.com/RAH/v2/{retrieveid} where 'retrieveid' is the RequestId returned in the initial response. In your case this is: 8f7136c0-7130-415b-8498-4362173b1df9
    If the request is still not finished when a secondary request is sent, another 'Check back..' response will be received and another secondary request specifying RequestId will need to be sent. This continues until the response data for the initial request is returned.

I'd also recommend checking out our Reckon Accounts Hosted help article here - https://reckon.helpdocsonline.com/api-reckon-accounts-hosted-faq

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Omar,

Can you share the whole request?

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au