RESC incorrect on STP report

Catherine moxon
Catherine moxon Member Posts: 39
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi everyone

We're using Premier 18/19, and do a weekly payroll run. 
I successfully lodged my first STP file last week (30/5) without any errors.

Today i went to lodge the STP file (06/06) and when i reviewed the details i could see that for two of our employees, their weekly super amount as been added into the Super YTD column (correct) and also in RESC, which is incorrect.
This didn't happen in the previous weeks STP file, and these employees were paid the exact same amounts.

Note* we do not have any employee working for us that have salary sacrifice.

I'm new to this payroll system, and I've tried looking through the setting, but i've had no luck.

The only things different for these two employees affected are:

1. They are paid the same amount every week, the first week is below $450 but over the whole month is always over $450. The gross amounts are set, and will never change.

2. Because of this, their weekly 9.5% super contribution is permanently set to $ instead of % at the dollar amount.

3. The super funds are a SMSF, not that this matters but it is a difference to other employees.

I can only assume because its the first payrun for a new month, and the total gross wage for these two employees is below $450, but we have already processed the super, it maybe thinks its salary sacrifice? A glitch possibly?

Has anyone else come across this yet? I would really appreciate some advice.

Comments

• Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2019
    Hi Catherine,

yes!!!! I have had the same with one of my clients - RAV - this needs to be looked at!!

To fix, I edited the pay and instead of having 9.5%, I typed the amount for the 2 pays for that employee, saved and then re-uploaded to STP and this seemed to fix issue.

This IS one to watch out for

Gillian
  • Gillian_8166819
    edited June 2019
    I have just sent tech support and email - to check if it is random or regular issue

Gillian
  • Gillian_8166819
    edited June 2019
    Actually, just re-read - you are using Payroll Premier - this happened to me in Accounts desktop!!! - so an issue I think!!
  • Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    Hi Gillian
    Thanks for replying. 
    The payrolls are already processed with the super amounts fixed, not calculating at 9.5% of their gross wage. 
    Its weird as the previous weeks payrun was identical, and it didn't put the super amounts into RESC then.. i don't wanna go messing with it all too much. 
    If i try edit the pay, when i re-run the new stp file, is it an 'updated event' or a full file replacement? 
    I've not actually submitted the incorrect file through GovConnect, as i reaslised it was incorrect. 

Please let me know if you get a response from tech support, as i'm a little worried on how i can fix this. 

Regards
    Cath
  • Gillian_8166819
    edited April 2020
    Hi Catherine,

no need to reupload or even submit.....your next payrun should have correct year to date figures and that will override last run anyhow.
    Just click on details of your next payrun and the run a payroll summary YTD in reckon and check employees ytd figures are same in uploaded file in Gov Connect.

Gillian
  • Catherine moxon
    edited June 2019
    Hi Gillian
    Did you get a response back from the email you sent to tech support about this issue?
    Regards
    Cath
  • Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    FYI for anyone reading this with the same problem. 
    There is a patch that you can upload in minutes to fix this issue for Payroll Premier. 

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5700 

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Why would this patch not be put under 'updates & service packs' under the Reckon Membership login? And should everyone not run this patch?