reserve stock

Ben_6937420
Ben_6937420 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Is there a way to reserve stock for a client that is drawing down on a larger order, but it is not yet delivered or invoiced ? This would stop our sales people from trying to sell stock that is already allocated to another client.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Not sure on the bookkeeping practices side of things but from a technical standpoint would a Clearing/Holding Account/Customer work?
  • Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    So just create a dummy company called say "Not an Invoice" and invoice it for the balance of studs required for the current project? This would work, but I would need to adjust it everytime more studs were drawn down for the original client. That would work.
    Is that what you mean?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    That is my thinking, yes. Again, might be best to consult first with your bookkeeper or accountant if this will have any affect on your books.
  • Ben_6937420
    edited August 2019
    I notice there is a thing called "Items reserved for assemblies" ? Could this be used in some way to achieve the same end ? I dont understand how that function works.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Ben, not too sure of that feature myself (there's so many in the software I don't think I ever will know them all haha). In saying that, I'll have someone look into it for you. ^Mirko
  • Ben_6937420
    edited January 2015
    Thanks mate. That would be great.
    I gotta say, that I was a draftsman specializing in 3D modelling back in the early 90's up till about 2010. Back then most people didnt have a computer at home or work. But draftsman were simply expected to just learn the software and change with it. As the software changed every year. We never knew the full functionality of the software. But it was a constant road of learning and improvement, year after year. Some years the entire interface would change, we just had to change with it.
    Sadly, I think these accounting software companies are so scared to change or improve anything, for fear of upsetting someone, that the software stays very stagnant. Even more unfortunate, is that software that does not change, is destined to be left behind.
    I look forward to your response.
    Cheers
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Ben,

You can use the Build Assemblies to help you reserve the item. Create an assembly item that require the item to be reserved. Build the assembly, then set it to Pending so it is non posting. When you try to sell items and the quantity reached the number reserved, you will get a pop up saying that you do not have enough quantity on hand. To release the reserve, you can delete the Build assembly.

Another suggestion to reserve the item is to set it as a re-order point. When the quantity on hand reaches the re-order point, you will get a reminder to create a purchase order to buy more. To set re-order point, edit the inventory item.

Another way is to create a second item then do a quantity adjustment to transfer the reserved quantity to the second item.

Hopefully one of the options can help you reserve the item.

Regards,

Deny Dharmawan

• David Moloney
    David Moloney Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    create a Sales Order - this will reserver the stock
  • cas
    cas Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Does creating a sales order reserve stock if the item is an assembly item?
  • cas
    cas Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    We stock the items required to build the assembly but not the assembly. When I create a sales order, it reduced the assembly stock, not the items required to build it?