resigned

Melissa Fines
Melissa Fines Member Posts: 27
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
My Employee resigned & a week later advised he would like to do casual. Do I have to add him in as a new employee?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Melissa.  Personally, I would continue to use the existing record, but include details of the change in the Notes section.  You should get a new Tax File Number Declaration, due to a potential change for the tax free threshold question.
    John L G
  • Melissa Fines
    edited July 2017

Thanks John, it does not generate 2 summaries? The existing record start changes which is what comes up on the summary. I can change the date to the beginning of the tax year & all the information remains the same.

• Melissa Fines
    edited July 2017
    sorry, the existing start date changes  
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Melissa.  There will only be one summary covering the whole year.  The start and finish dates are only records and do not affect other information.  As the employment is effectively continuous, despite the fact that it is now casual, it really does not matter as far as I am concerned.  Whilst this sort of thing might not happen often, it does happen as you have encountered.
    John L G
  • Melissa Fines
    edited July 2017

Thanks John,

I have been trying to get in contact with my accountant,

You have been extremely helpful & I'm sure you are flat out busy like us all.
    Thank you for your time, much appreciated.

• John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Melissa - pleased to be able to assist you.
    John L G