Restore and update Quickbooks Premier 2010/2011 data file to Reckon Accounts 2016

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I am attempting to restore a back up of an old data file from QuickBooks Premier 2010/2011 and update in Reckon Accounts Accounting 2016 (computer crashed). For some reason the update of the data file is not working, as I very quickly receive the message below. Your advice would be appreciated.

Photo of Jeff

Jeff

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 48,524 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jeff mate the version you have installed is lower than the original version. You cannot restore a Prenier file with Pro version. You cannot restore a Pro file with Plus version. You cannot resore a Plus file with Accounting version. Cheers
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your reply. Which version do I need to be able to restore my data file? I have a new computer running Windows 10. Thanks for your assistance. 
Photo of Shakir

Shakir, Employee

• 1,372 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeff, thanks for reaching out to us.

Reckon Accounts Premier 2016 is compaitble with Windows 10 and you will abe able to restore the backup from Premier 2010-11.

Regards
Shakir
Photo of Kevin Russell

Jeff which version are you running currently? Go to the help menu at the bottom it will say "about quickbooks ..." and it say the release version. 2016 wont work unless you have the correct flavor of the software, Accounting Plus Pro Premier or Enterprise. The old versions WILL run on Windows 10 Professional or higher. I would not try it with the home versions. Call me if tbis is unclear Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

Hi Kevin, 
As a result of the advice that you provided in your reply, I have been able to resolve my problem. I had purchased the wrong version of the software online (my fault), but that has now been rectified, and I have been able to restore my old data file to the new Premier version.
Thanks for your assistance with this matter.
Regards
Jeff
Photo of Kevin Russell

Thank you most sincerely Jeff for your kind words. It was my privilege to help. Sometimes its difficult to work out what is happening when you are only have text like this. I try to ask the simple questions first so as to rule out the obvious. Any other queries feel free to give me a buzz. And happy new year
Photo of Bernadette

Bernadette

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is it possible to migrate all data from QuickBooks Premier 2009/2010 to the latest version of Premier? 
Photo of Kevin Russell

Yes Bernie, yes it is. Call me any time for further assistance Kevin 0407744914