Why isn't the correct change calculated on items on a two-for-one promotion?

Michael Filios
Michael Filios Member Posts: 7
edited February 2019 in Point of Sale

I am new to Reckon Retail Pro 2013. I have set up a promotion where I sell two items and it gives a discount - liquor industry- a lot of two for deals. It recognises that I have put the products into a promo applies a discount but then drops the discount when I tender a dollar mount. Ie $6.99 each and the two for $12. Scan two items subtotal is $12 then tender $20 - $6 change the promo disappears. Tried a Dollar discount and the following message.. "The product associated with the "Dollar Discount" discount function was not found I the product list. This discount function cannot be used until it is associated with the existing discount item. Im assuming they are related. Also I have to press the enter key before scanning an item - is this normal - or my scanner setup?

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your question.

Issue 1: Promo Issue

I have just done a similar test on my end with the below scenario:
    • Create a Promo through POS Admin where having 2 items attract a Price change (individual price: before $10, after promotion $7.5 so when customer buys 2, total Payable is $15).
    • Did a transaction through POS Terminal by doing below:
      - Select 2 Quantity > Product Number > select the promo product > Price now changes to $15 (under normal scenario, it would have been $20)

- Press 2000 (so it becomes 20.00) then tender Cash and it gives $5 change

imageimage

Please see the above screenshot and steps to see if you missed out on something.

Issue 2: Dollar Discount button
    This could be because the tender buttons info weren't imported into Reckon Accounts first when you setup POS Admin for the first time.

Do the following steps to see if that helps:
    • In Reckon Accounts, go to File > Utilities > Import > IIF Files > browse to C:\Reckon\ POS Admin 2013 > change File types to "All Files" from the bottom of the screen
    • When all files are shown, select QBStand.pos > OK. Wait until it imports
    • Go to Lists > Item List > go down to bottom and select proper accounts for all the Tender and Discount types of items (Cash, EFT, Credit Card, $Discount, %Discount etc.)
    • Once completed, open POS Admin and do a Transfer and select All to transfer everything into POS Admin
    • Once completed, test your $ Discount item to see if that works.
    Issue 3: Scanner Issue
    This seems like Scanner setup issue. You might have to set it up again. Normally, when you scan a product in POS Terminal, it should bring up that product if barcode is setup in Item List of Reckon Accounts.
     If you're using the one supplied by us (Senor), then the Installation and Upgrade Guide supplied (either in hard copy or inside the Installation disc) has the setup instructions on Page 35. 
    After you've set up, open up Notepad and scan any barcode and the format should be as below:

~1234567890123

and the Cursor should be blinking on a next line. If not, reset and try again. If you continue to have problem, you may want to talk to Support.

Go back to your POS Terminal and select your Scanner and the connected to section from Tools > Options > Scanner and test again.

I hope the above helps. Please do let us know the outcome - whether fixed or not fixed as that will help our future Customers with similar issue(s).

Thank you.

Ifti

• Michael Filios
    edited February 2019

Hi Ifti

Issue 2 fixed issue 1 as well. Brilliant - thanks so much. I will now work on Issue 3.

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the Issue 3 will be fixed too. 

Cheers,

Ifti
  • Michael Filios
    edited March 2014

Hi Ifti

Back to issue 3. I am running a Motorola LS2208 and have downloaded Scan123 utility. I have set my scanner to run an enter on scan (the tilde didn't seem to work) then send the barcode then wait 2 seconds then send another enter which seems to work satisfactorily. I have another couple of questions regarding functionality of POS Pro. Firstly is there a way of disabling the "a promotion is active" pop up in both terminal and administrator - we have about 25-30 promotions running at one time. Secondly I have POS Pro terminal set on search by barcode but where there is no matching barcode I will have to change to search by description. I was curious to know with design keyboard layout can I create a button that will search by description without changing the normal/default search by barcode? 

Cheers

Mick

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your question again.

Firstly, glad that your scanner is working! Different scanners work differently. We only know how Senor and Datalogic Touch 65 works.

Now back to your new issues:

Issue 1 - Promotion pop-up window:
    I know it can be a bit annoying to see all these notifications pop up specially when you have 25-30 promotions going on! With our current release, there is no workaround. However, I just had a word with one of the Developers and it's confirmed that in the next POS 2014 release (due next Month), we've put all the promotions info in one single pop-up window. It will still pop-up but instead of 25-30 times, just once and just close it and it's gone. Hope this will help you. 

Issue 2 - Search by Product Description:
    Unfortunately, you can't do it. Every time you change the "Search by" by choosing the Arrow key while you're in the Product number screen, it remembers that for next time. 
    Scanning products with barcodes will still work as before, it's just when you click on the Product Number button, you can search by Description. If you would like to change that, just make your selection again by clicking on the required arrow(s) and it will remember it for future.

Hope the above answers all your queries. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Cheers

Ifti 

• Michael Filios
    edited March 2014

Thank You Ifti again for your quick response. I have another couple of questions which I will get back to you shortly...pretty busy verifying data before I switch over from current POS system. Will the 2014 version be an automatic upgrade for recently installed/registered software?

Cheers

Mick  

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mick,

Point Of Sale (POS) Database (QBPOS.pdb) is saved by default in the Installation folder of Admin with the year (Example: C:\Reckon\POS Pro Administrator 2013) unless you change the location (for networking and other reasons).

Before installing a new version, you need to remove the older version but that doesn't delete that installation folder since by default DB (QBPOS.pdb) is in there. Also the location of the PDB (db of POS) is saved in the PointOfSale.ini in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reckon\PointOfSale\.

During the installation wizard, you can either choose the older installation folder and create a new folder. 

When you open up POS 2014, it should find POS DB automatically (from the PointOfSale.ini) and you have to follow the process on screen to upgrade. You can also use Find tool (will be on your screen) to search for it. Last option would be to check that PointOfSale.ini file manually to see the location if above fails and browse there to select the POS DB file during the wizard.

Thanks.

Ifti