Reversing pay runs

Marc H
Marc H Member Posts: 20
edited October 2019 in Reckon One
We have discovered a problem with our pay set-up for some of our employees, since the start of this fiscal year. It doesn't impact their payments but does mis-classify some pay items. I would like to reverse the pay runs (5 of them), fix the pay settings, then re-run the pays. 

The pays have all been matched to bank transactions and two of the months are fully reconciled.

I guess this means I'll need to reverse the reconciliation for these months before I can proceed, but I have also read the following in the Payroll training guide, regarding Undoing a pay run -

"Since Reckon One will no longer post a reverse journal, the dialog box will instead prompt for a Payment Date (see screenshot below as an example). This allows you to set a new Payment Date for the payrun without having to delete the original transaction and starting again. Click Undo pay run. You can now make changes as required to the pay run. When complete, click Finish pay run."

I'm afraid I don't understand what this means (for example, why would I want to set a new date for the pay run?). Also, I do need to delete some of the payroll postings, including some Super, and re-post with corrections.

Is anyone able to give me a quick run-through of how I'd achieve what I'm aiming for - i.e. reverse five pay runs, change the pay set-up, then re-run the pay runs?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Marc H
    Marc H Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2019
    Thanks Kevin. I'm more than happy to delete and reenter. That was actually my expectation, until I read the training guide, which just confused me.