Reversing Payslips

Options
Saskia Korzonek
Saskia Korzonek Member Posts: 3
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi Team,

At the start of this financial year Travel allowance was paid to some employees. This was taxed and had super calculated from it when neither should have happened. The super and taxes from these payslips have then been paid. I know I can edit these payslips to be correct but this will throw out my tax and super for that quarter, so what I would really like to do is create reversing payslips and then re-create correct payslips so that the edits are in this quarter. Does anyone know the best way to do this?

I'm using Accounts premier accountant edition 2019.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Saskia Korzonek
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thanks Kevin, so do you know what the best course of action would be?
  • Saskia Korzonek
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thank you for that, so I wouldn't edit the already generated payslips?
    They would still show the travel allowance as having tax and super on them.
    I can't generate a negative value for these on a new payslip so I'm not sure exactly how to adjust them?
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Saskia

double click & open the paycheque, then open paycheque details, unlock net pay, now you can amend the payslip.

Before you do this you need to set up a new or correct the travel allowance to exempt it from tax & super, you may need to set up a new one if it is set up a wage item and not an allowance.

If you have only amended the item, on the drop down menu on the allowance line, choose another item the re-choose the allowance, this should reduce the tax and the super accordingly.

Having said this if you have a lot it is time consuming, you will need to be careful, if there wasn't much $$ involved you could then override the tax and make the nett pay stay the same for the pays involved.  This way you want have to amend the tax sent to the ATO on BAS, but you will have to go back & re-run super reports and manually adjust the next super payment to the employee/s.

this is the only way if you have not set up the allowance to track correctly on the payment summary, if it is then you can simply calculate the difference and adjust the super and tax on the next pay manually.

There are many different travel allowances all are super exempt, but some you have to deduct tax, the rule of thumb was if it was a payment that may not be all used it was taxable and employee had to record how much they expended and claim it back.   If it is a reimbursement for travel done, then it is totally exempt from both super & tax.

see ato link   https://www.ato.gov.au/business/payg-withholding/payments-you-need-to-withhold-from/payments-to-employees/allowances-and-reimbursements/withholding-for-allowances/