RIDICULOUS! COMPENSATION REQUIRED.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This is just WRONG.  Did anyone bother to Beta test this new facility?

I did manage to get in via Safari for all of 3 minutes before my screen froze, so I tried Google Chrome.

I got in on the second attempt, and was having a good run for 5 minutes and the enter button was taking me backwards instead of forwards.  Saw some people have this issue, so I tried the shift button and got another good 5 or so minutes before it did it again, and again.  By the 10th time it had had a complete meltdown with delete (backspace) now giving me brackets, neither enter or tab would move between fields, and no amount of button pressing helped. 

Back to the forum we go. I flicked back to my accounts, bashed to keyboard in frustration and finally got enter to work between fields.

With some more shift button pressing I did manage to get a few things done before I had to switch Tabs and do some online banking - a good 15 - 20 minutes later I went back to the accounts program, started entering data and BOOM! I get kicked out and back to the log in page.

Try and log in again and for the last 10 minutes it's been establishing a connection....

FIX THE PROBLEM RECKON.   AND

All users of Reckon hosted should be COMPENSATED for the loss of time we have had consumed by YOUR FAILURE TO ENSURE THIS SYSTEM WORKED.
Photo of SL

SL

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I second this request
Photo of Margaret Haines, Reckon Partner

Margaret Haines, Reckon Partner, Accredited Partner

• 1,104 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have a very frustrated user threatening not to go to work until we can guarantee its resolved.  She can't login.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed! You expect a few issues with upgrades etc but this is beyond ridiculous. What happens for all those who need to process payroll, PAYG statements and do general daily accounts work and have no access. EVERYONE using this program is using it to run their business! An update to customers should be the least you could do, so we can know and understand what is going on!
Photo of nance.s

nance.s

• 1,172 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Perhaps if all users filed a claim for compensation Reckon may finally realise just how frustrated and annoyed their customers are.... but I doubt it from over 10 years of dealing with them my experience tells me they just don't care.
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

• 1,032 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Bump
Photo of Judith Edwards

Judith Edwards

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree....compensation for the hours lost.....i can't count the loss since being on line. I should have stuck with Desk Top...
Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Bump
Photo of Frank M

Frank M

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Look at the Money bag next to the words $450 per user per year

http://www.reckon.com/au/business/accounts-hosted/#

- it explains a lot about their business model - RIP THE CUSTOMER OFF!

In October 2012 I paid $310 per user and now it is $450 per user!

Still cant get in!

Its been 2 days now!!!

I have 4 Employees who cannot do quotes, invoices, or any other work on your BROKEN SYSTEM!

YES! WRECK-ON are going to charge me more for this USELESS UPGRADE!

YOU GUYS ARE THE PITS!!!

FAIL

FAIL

FAIL!!!!!

Photo of Judith Edwards

Judith Edwards

Yes, my sentiments. How can we run a business if we can't send invoices and the like. No monies in....Go Broke....do they care. Next stop...Desk Top the old way. More efficient.
Photo of Joanne Sedgman

Joanne Sedgman

• 604 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Clearly I am going to be the looser here as I cannot charge my clients for down time. They are very understanding but that is not going to pay my bills.
Photo of Judith Edwards

Judith Edwards

Ditto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Photo of Johan Gouws

Johan Gouws

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Reckon gets the prize for worst customer service ever!!
Photo of Carly

Carly

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

My company has one of the largest data files using Reckon. We have had issues from day one of changing over to the online version, and were told that they tested our data file on this new system prior to the upgrade being released and it worked much faster on the new system. If we could all manage to log on, then maybe it would be faster and help the efficiency of the business, but we are yet to see any results. We have 20 users and have been with Reckon for almost 15 years and are now looking at options to change to a different company.

It is sad that loyal customers can lose so much time and productivity and no one seems to have an answer or care.

It is not good enough!

Photo of SL

SL

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Don't you just love the RHS blurb on the reckon hosted log in page?

"

Faster than ever before

We have invested significant resources to ensure that Hosted is faster than ever.

Confidence and security

Reckon is an ASX listed company that has sold products for twenty years with world-class security & support.

Like many of you I have been a loyal long term customer.  

I have always paid premium for support. I hardly had any issues accessing my accounts through Citrix.

Why is it that the last couple of months has required using this support, and more-over - Where is it now?? 

Photo of Kerri

Kerri

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Same here, I cant get anything done and Im not in tomorrow so im going to be multiple days behind THANKS RECKON!!!

Photo of Jane Brewster

Jane Brewster

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Perhaps if Reckon had spent less $$$ on creating videos and spamming us with emails pimping their super fast and efficient new product and more on the techos in the basement turning the cogs we just might have an up and running accounting system!
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Not too worried about compensation.  I just want the entire implementation sacked.  This has NEVER been tested in a real world environment.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.