Right click to paste

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Implemented

Just making a suggestion. Could you add the ability to right click to perform some common tasks like cut, copy and paste? Right now only thing that comes up is about Silverlight.

Photo of Kevin Xu

Kevin Xu

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,772 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Kevin, thanks for your great suggestion.

As Reckon One currently runs on Silverlight which doesn't allow right click/edit features. Our developers are working on moving away from Silverlight in the future. Hopefully this will see the ability to copy/paste with right click.

Workaround: If you have something highlighted you can use Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V to copy paste (I just tested this in the invoice section and it worked :) )

Cheers,
Mirko
Photo of Drew

Drew

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mirko,

I like to grab bits from my local files, machine, web etctera an d past into an invoice. Mostly copy fro a previous PDF and paste into a new invoice.

It now just does not work, hate it.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Drew, are you using Hosted or Reckon One and on which operating system and browser?. Thanks, Mirko.
Photo of Drew

Drew

Hi Mirko

1. Hosted
2. Safari 7.1 (Mac OSX 10.9, I will not use firefox or chrome as then I lose a whole new set of usually native functionality. Fall out of these things gets bigger elsewhere when I move from native tested software)

Thanks.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Thanks for your reply Drew. Thank you for all your feedback, I will pass it onto our Development team. At this point in time only IE has direct integration with the clip board the system clipboard.

As a fellow Mac user, I've experienced better performance with Hosted at home since updating to OSX 10.10 Yosemite and inturn Safari 8.0. Still require to use the clipboard button to copy and past into Hosted, but overall it performs better.
Photo of Drew

Drew

Thanks, so where's the clip board button in say Acrobat Pro (PDF), or say word?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Drew, you copy and paste as per normal from the source. To get it into Hosted you click on the blue clipboard icon and paste it into the white box.

The only issue I have is remembering to use Cmnd+V in the input section, and then once copying it from there, Control + V to paste into the invoice etc. As Hosted runs on a Windows platform it looks for MS Keyboard configurations, thus you use Mac keys to paste into the Hosted Clipboard and MS Win keys to paste inside Reckon Accounts.

I know myself, I have trouble copying from some PDFs in general on my Mac. I struggle to copy text from a PDF and import into Pages, Office for Mac or even Edit Text, not sure what the reason for this is. To be honest, I haven't tried it since going to Yosemite, but will try tonight and let you know. Sometimes it might have something to do with the way the PDF is made. I know my Uni used to protect PDF documents, so copy and paste was almost impossible. ^Mirko
Photo of Drew

Drew

Hi Mirko

Thanks for the advise, I'll check it out later when doing some invoicing.

I'll be leaving Yosemity for a while as there are known bugs that affect software my office uses.

Again thanks for taking the time to converse.
Photo of Kevin Xu

Kevin Xu

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Silverlight had right click context support since 2010, it might be worthwhile to consider adding that feature prior to moving away from Silverlight. I don't know how far along the migration process you are at, but usually a migration like this would mean a long wait.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/45313/Silverlight-How-to-use-the-all-new-right-click-c

Photo of Cyril Marychurch

Cyril Marychurch

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It would be good to copy and paste from MS documents from outside of the QBs.
eg, copy from a word doc to QB or an email to QB.
Older version had this feature.  We seem to be going backwards

Cyril
Photo of ARC BookKeeping

ARC BookKeeping, Accredited Partner

• 6,364 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cyril, Again...lol.

This thread is in regards to the new Reckon One product not the Reckon Accounts Hosted (new or old).

In regards to Copy & paste, in Reckon Accounts Hosted... see my reply to your other post.

https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/basic_copy_and_paste_function

Cheers
Angie Carlyle
(Edited)
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,750 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin, sorry for the late addition to this post.

I can confirm that we are well down the migration path, with all new modules being written in HTML5, as well as the more mature modules being re-written.

Regards,

Jason Hollis
Partner Relationship Manager
Photo of Robert Mitchell

Robert Mitchell

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Jason what does this mean, are you bringing back cut and paste?
Photo of Scott

Scott, Employee

• 2,558 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Robert,

Reckon One currently uses Microsoft Silverlight. The version of Silverlight being used doesn't support the right click (via mouse) option. Reckon are in the process of moving the Reckon One application away from Microsoft Silverlight to HTML5 (no release/completion date for this task has been confirmed). Once this task is completed the issue of the right click option not working in Reckon One will no longer exist.

Note: This thread relates to the Reckon One application not the Reckon Accounts Hosted application.

Regards,
Scott.
Photo of Qwerty

Qwerty

• 7,906 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Just an update on this thread. The HTML 5 version of Reckon One is now available. The issue regarding not being able to utilise the right mouse click action is now fixed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.