Roles required for POS post/transfer

Afshin
Afshin Member Posts: 26
edited March 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, I'm using the latest version of POS and Reckon Accounts (desktop version). I have multiple users with different access. i.e. admin (myself), accountant and shop manager. Obviously my shop manager and accountant have limited access to accounts application. When either of them tries to post transactions from POS to Accounts or Transfer from Accounts to POS, they are getting an error like you need admin access to be able to post/transfer and can't open the file. what level of access should I give them to be able to post/transfer? Thank you

Comments

• Afshin
    edited April 2016
    Hi Andrew, Thanks for reply. Let me clarify a few points: We only using one machine and both Accountant and Shop Manager using the same machine. They login at different times of day/week and based on their roles they both might change prices, add new items, etc... so both should be able to post/transfer. My issue of giving them admin access to POS/Reckon Accounts is that I don't want them to have full access to the whole system. Your suggestion in the last paragraph is what I also thought of but I Was hoping someone has done a similar config before and can guide me to do it quicker . I guess if not then I have no choice to use the old method of try and error to get to the answer.
  • Afshin
    edited April 2016
    It didn't take much time to hit a major road block. I actually gave FULL access to one of the users and logged in to accounts as that user which I assumed it's equivalent of the Admin but still getting the same error. What a stupid security structure. image
  • Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited April 2016
    Hi Afshin,

Thank you for the post.

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately the Reckon Admin user has full and only permissions to import and export lists.

other users with full access will not be able to do posting or transfer any data.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused
  • Afshin
    edited November 2015
    Hi Lax, Thank you for your reply. This is very disappointing and coming from Software design background myself, I believe it's very important to understand practical needs of users. I hope this changes in the future otherwise I have to rethink about using reckon and now if anyone offer me an alternative application, I would definitely consider while before this I would say NO without hesitation. Thank you