Rollover of system data for Reckon Accounts desktop

Options
Kelvin
Kelvin Member Posts: 5
We're using Reckon Accounts desktop and noticed that over the years, our data is getting to big and is actually slowing the system down. Is there any way at all to rollover historical financial years (so that we only keep, say the recent 3 to 4 years worth of data active)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Kelvin
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks Kevin, how does creating a portable backup reduce the size of the system data? The closest that I could think of is stop using the current data after this end of FY, then start the new FY with a new datafile, but with opening BS numbers b/f. Was that what you were trying to suggest?
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Over the last 20 years I have a number of clients who started a new file on 30/6 for this reason. Depends on how many o/s invoices and bills there are as they have to be re-entered, either individually or totals for each customer/supplier. All lists can be imported into new file, customers, suppliers, chart of accounts, and balances can be entered as a journal from trial balance or balance sheet, again depending on just what you need. I usually only enter balance sheet items, as you still have your original file for historical data.
  • Kelvin
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks Kris