Run as administrator

Options
Joel_9211384
Joel_9211384 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I was on the phone to Reckon for over 2 hours yesterday trying to sort out a problem. Got to the point where the Reckon helper took over my computer to fix the problem, eventually they worked out that if I ran Reckon as an administrator the problem went away. I was told to right click on the icon and the menu would come up allowing me to do that. I come in this morning and when I right click on the icon I am only given the option to either run the program or unpin it from the task bar. The list on items I saw yesterday arent there. Please someone help me. So far I am up to over 6 hours of phone calls and stuffing around to try and get reckon to work with the Single Touch Payroll, I am an electrician not an IT expert and a small business so this is costing me money!!!

To be perfectly honest I dont know why it just doesnt work as normal but I am at the point that if it works as an administrator then I'll take it.

I am using Reckon enterprise.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Joel

Right click on the icon on the desktop this will give you the choice
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes Kevin

Well at least on windows 10 - right click the icon > properties - on the shortcut tab (this is the one that should open) choose advanced - in here is a tick to run the shortcut as administrator.

After you have done this and the icon works as administrator you should be able to pin it to the task bar.

The choice is also available from the compatibility tab and it can be changed here for 'all users' of the PC