Runtime Error

Sandy_8124751
Sandy_8124751 Member Posts: 5

With IE11 I get error message to the effect " explorer.exe has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". This if followed by the close program message.

IMPORTANTLY this happens only when my Personal Plus 2016 is open and I go to IE11. I have tried with other programs, and there is no issue with IE11. So by elimination, it is clear that PP16 is conflicting with IE11, making the later shut down. Does anyone have this problem? I have searched the community, but cannot see it anywhere. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Sandy_8124751
    edited September 2016
    I note your sentiments about IE. However, I have used IE and Personal Plus accounts for a very long time (25+ years!) and have never had such problems with either.
  • Dima
    Dima Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2016
    This problem began to occur about 3 years ago with the introduction of Windows 8.1 which introduced new security features.  Reckon did not test its product with Windows 8.1 which came with IE11 and has not fixed this problem since then.
    See Knowledgebase ID 5053.  http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5053
    Dima
  • Sandy_8124751
    edited September 2016
    Thank you so much for your reply and pointing me to kb id 5053. The issue got resolved after I cleared the "Enhanced protected mode" from the Internet zone of the security tab under Internet Tools. Now I remember doing this couple of years ago with W8.1. I suppose when the W10 Anniversary update came, it may have re-checked that selection in IE11. All good now, thank. Still a note for Reckon to fix the problem in PP17, when it happens!!