sales accounts going to different accounts

Options
Alison_7809689
Alison_7809689 Member Posts: 9
edited February 2018 in Accounts Hosted
I am hoping someone can help.  I have two income accounts one for cash sales and one for eft sales.  I want everything posted for cash sales to go to deposited funds and everything for eft sales to automatically go to bank account.  How do I specify my preferences

Comments

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Priscilla_Ognenis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    We have a similar thing but I think when you "receive payments" you may have to change things with each payment according to which account you are receiving a payment from.  If it's a cash sale then choose cash as payment method & deposit to undeposited funds, and when you process an eft sale, choose eft as payment method & deposit to your bank account.  I thought it had to be changed with each payment but if anyone else can shed any light on a default preference for each payment, I too would be interested.  Hope this helps.  Priscilla
  • Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2015
    Options
    we have exactly the same setup. I change the bank account I want it to go to according to what I have to bank (eft or cheques) We tend to do all our EFT ones at one time (not having to change account for every entry) and the do the cheques to undeposited funds. We then do a deposit and deposit all the cheques (moving them from undeposited funds to bank account)
  • Alison_7809689
    edited October 2015
    Options

sorry for asking a stupid question but whereabouts in Receive Payments do I enter the bank account or undeposited funds

• Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Alison - the setting for this field is in edit>preferences>sales & customers>company preferences> uncheck the "use undeposited funds as a default deposit to account"

this will then create an extra box in the receive payments/sales receipt window which will allow you to choose the account to deposit to.  

I hope this helps :)
  • Alison_7809689
    edited October 2015
    Options

thank you thank you thank you

That is exactly what I am after :)

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Priscilla_Ognenis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Haha, sorry, I should have explained that a little better this morning but I have been out all day today and it appears someone has explained it for you.  I already have the box there and assumed you did too which is why I mentioned to change between undeposited funds to bank account depending on what you are depositing.  Glad it's worked.