How do I get a Sales report for retail customers processed in POS?

Brook Fraser
Brook Fraser Member Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in Point of Sale
I currently have three terminals set up, two process predominantly wholesale order where customers are called upon using the "Customer Numb." function while the third handles the retail customers. The retail customers have no customer called on and thus have none assigned. However, as a result of this it is I am unable to get a report of sales through the retail section of our store. I know that I could assign a customer for every transaction on the retail to a "Retail Customer", but I know that this would not be done on every transaction and would require an additional step that should not be required. How do I generate a report that could provide these details?

Comments

• Michael_6531583
    Michael_6531583 Alumni Posts: 23
    edited October 2015

Hi Brook,

Thank you for your question.

At the moment, our POS program does not have a report to show this information.
    I have forwarded your feedback to our Developers, for them to look into.

In the meantime, you can try the following workaround:

That is, once the transactions have been posted back from POS to Reckon Account, in Reckon Accounts, open the 'Transaction List by Customer' report, and edit the Filters of the report to show All names in the Name filter. Then filter the Description field to only show POS transactions if need be. All the entries under ‘No name’ would be the retail customers from POS.

Alternatively, you can bring up the 'Sales by Rep Detail' report in Reckon Accounts, and sort it by Name. The report will show the POS transactions with blank names in the Name column. Then you can export the report to Excel and filter out the ones that has blank names.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael