Saving scanned employee documents

Options
Gene Savva
Gene Savva Member Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

I'm volunteering with an indigenous corporation and been asked to look at the following.

They're using Reckon Accounts Pro 2014, that's hosted.

Because of the nature of the staff they have on their books they'd like to be able to save scanned copies of items like 
* driving licenses
* birth certificates
* any qualifications the employee has within the payroll software for ease of access

Firstly, is this possible or would an addon need to be purchased for this? Or would I need to look at creating an access database and utilse the ODBC function and try to build something that would cover their needs?

If there's an addon they have the appetite to purchase that rather than try to maintain a bespoke database.

Thanks

Gene

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi, we need bit more info, how many employees you have?, so u have lots of turnover of employees? Many ways can be done, as you will see from this forum, We had very bad experience with QODBC ,i think QODBC can work on Enterprise free, to read , i dont know about read and write both, Reckon tech will advise you  on that, its been long since we used it. There is a possibility those info can be scanned using OCR technology , that we trialing. Of, course all these can be done  manually , but thats time consuming and repetitive, i suppose you are looking for full automated application

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Gene Savva
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There seems to be around 500 employees in the system currently. But I know there are plans to expand in the area so that could probably go up to 1/2000 possibly.

There shouldnt be any need for OCR. Just literally, scan a document in and save it to the relevant person in the employee section so that's available if it's needed to be referenced at another time. 

Yes, the employee should keep it but given the nature of how things work in this part of the world that's not always the case hence why they want to keep it on file in the payroll system in case things are needed again.

I dont think it being too manual is an issue as once it's scanned in and saved there wont be a pressing need to do much with it after.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yes, opt for manual processing. I wanted to get this cleared you have about 500 employees and more and are using Reckon Accounts Pro ?

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Gene Savva
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yep to all of that :)