Screen like a jigsaw puzzle on Google Chrome.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
does anyone have an issue with their screen being unreadable? It seems to be getting worse. Now have to close file and reopen log in to get it to reset. 
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 1,716 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Karen, thanks for reporting this occurrence to us. Which browser are you using? Can you try an alternate one to see if the same issue occurs. This will help isolate the cause of the issue. ^Mirko
Photo of Karen

Karen

Hi Mirko, I use Chrome on a Mac. I will try safari and see how it fairs. :)
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Karen, thanks for the update. How did you go with Safari? There's been an update with Chrome which affects compatibility with certain graphics cards and/or their drivers, which causes issues with visual rendering. If you have a look at this thread and the links to Google's Support Note, there is more info on this which includes a list of certain Mac Machines which are affected by this.
Photo of Karen

Karen

Hi Mirko, I have been using Safari today and the same problem is happening. Going to try another Mac next......
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 704 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
still happening on a different Mac with latest OS Yosemite and Chrome. Have to keep clicking between open windows to get it to refresh. I haven't taken shot of the full screen as it has info I do not want to show. However it is like this in several spots.
Photo of Karen

Karen

and this is todays puzzle.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Karen, did the other browsers cause the same issues? Give this a go and please call our tech support for thorougher one to one troubleshooting. ^Mirko

Photo of Karen

Karen

Hi Mirko, yes same with Safari and same on a newer Mac. Everything is up to date. Yes I will have to ring them as this is ridiculous. Can't get work done.
Thanks Mirko.
Photo of Donna Pinnell

Donna Pinnell

• 658 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issues with these screen on Windows 7 and Windows XP PC's, both running Chrome.  The screens don't seem to refresh properly, or sometimes they don't seem to 'come to the front' when trying to see things or open them, or to close completely until quite some time has passed. 

Sometimes you have to wait quite a long time to get it back to normal, or click outside the box you want to see repeatedly until it shows you the dialog box you want (or freezes completely...)
Photo of Karen

Karen

Hi Donna, I rang Tech support yesterday and they said it is a known issue with windows not refreshing. They are trying to find a solution. In the meantime, they suggested I use  a cable to connect to the internet modem, rather than wireless internet. Since doing this yesterday i have only had it happen once. i have not been using Hosted today as yet. So I hope I am not speaking too soon! 
Hope this helps you.
Photo of Donna Pinnell

Donna Pinnell

• 658 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Karen, but we don't have any wireless. All of our computers have always been wired. I guess I will just have to wait for Tech support to get it together.
Photo of Karen

Karen

Yes, it is still doing anyway Donna. Just not as much. :(
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Karen, Donna,

Yes, our guys are looking at a small upgrade to background processes in the near future that will have an impact on screen refreshing, and possibly resolve this issue.

Generally, the issue is around timing; around how fast the screen can reproduce the image. One action you could take is changing your screen resolution. 

The latest edition of MAC has a particularly high resolution (Retina display) setting that does not work efficiently with Hosted. As one techo says (http://www.anandtech.com/show/5996/how-the-retina-display-macbook-pro-handles-scaling)
"Apple offers five scaled settings including the default pixel doubled option: 1024 x 640, 1280 x 800, 1440 x 900, 1680 x 1050 and 1920 x 1200. Selecting any of these options gives you the effective desktop resolution of the setting, but Apple actually renders the screen at a higher resolution and scales it to fit the 2880 x 1800 panel. As a result of the upscaled rendering, there can be a performance and quality impact."

Selecting a lower resolution may help.
On Apple,
Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays. 
Click Display > Scaled
then select a resolution, preferably one below 2000. 

On PC
right click the Desktop > Resolution.
and select a resolution

Another angle is the quality and speed of the internet connection, which you found Karen when you switched from wireless to cable. Is there a difference for you at different times of day - between peak times and off-peak times?

Hope these points help in understanding the issue and getting a better display until a permanent resolution is implemented.  .

regards,
John
Photo of Karen

Karen

HI John,
Thank you for advice however my Mac Pro  is 3 yrs old and highest res' setting is 1440x900 anyway.
I thought it was better yesterday but today it is just as bad. I was the only one here using the internet. I have had to log out several times to reset.
i am still using the cable.
The issue is the same on a newer Mac that belongs to my husband. 
Just seems to be another problem to add to the list.
Photo of Tan-ni

Tan-ni

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issues as well.  
Photo of Tan-ni

Tan-ni

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issues as well & am not going to be fiddling around with my computer settings so that I can get Reckon to work.
Photo of Karen

Karen

any update on the "fixing" of this refreshing issue, Reckon? 
It has been  month since i reported this and still no better. 

It is seriously impacting on my time.
Photo of Evan

Evan

• 60 Points
Karen, i too have had this exact same issue for the last 2 months on a mac with no answer from Tech support. I have just changed browser to Firefox and seems to be working OK so far to might be an option for you to try
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Evan & Karen, as per my original post, there is an issue with Chrome itself. Google has advised that recent upgrades have affect visual rendering for some graphics cards. That google support note also mentions that there a list of graphics cards and Macs (which have certain graphics cards in built) which are no longer compatible with the new rending (webGLs). List can be found here >>

Our techs are working on rendering as a whole, but this may not resolve these issues as they are caused by the Chrome browser. As Evan has said Fx (firefox) is working fine for him, thus I would advise trying Safari or Fx - Especially if your mac version is on that list. To check what kind of mac you have click on the Apple logo on the top lefthand side and then about this Mac. You should see what type of graphics card you have there as well.

I've tested  Chrome on my 2560x1440 (retina) Macbook pro and all has been performing fine.
Photo of Karen

Karen

Thanks Evan and Mirko. Safari is the same.
i have downloaded Firefox and will see how that goes.
Photo of Kathryn McMaster

Kathryn McMaster

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are we any closer to a resolution on this issue yet.  This is extremely annoying and having to work through Firefox to solve the issue is painful,
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Kathryn, please email me the model of your Mac (how to find out) to Community@reckon.com I'd love to run some background checks on your machines compatibility to changes made by Google, as the system wide Hosted fix has been applied.
Photo of Kathryn McMaster

Kathryn McMaster

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mirko, I am not using a Mac, just a Windows desktop.  The only time the problem arises is in displaying reports.  I can process payroll and enter bills with no issues.  As soon as I print say 2-3 reports the problem arises.  It is only on my desktop, when working on my laptop it is fine.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Thanks for the info Kathryn, in that case I'd need to check the graphics card you have on that machine against the list supplied by google in their support notes. To find out what graphics card you are running please follow these instructions.

1. Click Start Menu.
2. In search box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks),
3. When you see the yellow and blue icon double click on it so it opens.
4. Once the The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.

Please take a screenshot of the results. Once you have a screenshot either email me to the community inbox or post up the image here and I'll have a look into it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.