Script Error 73 When Terminating an Employee

Options
Debbie_8328471
Debbie_8328471 Member Posts: 4
Here is the problem keep coming up when terminating an employee. 

I tried every single solution I can find here, but none of them worked. When issuing group certificates for the last financial year, I had to manually edit some of them to reflect right period of time terminated employees have worked for the year. 

I've commented this issue on similar posts and one technician suggested that the problem hasn't been defined, but I cannot let the issue remain unsolved. Please kindly advise any updates to solve the problem, I do need a solution for it. Thanks.

The system is Windows 10, Reckon Accounts Pro 2014.

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I believe there are similar issues with Reckon Enterprise 2015. I have read that the problems have been fixed in 2016 versions but as we have not yet installed the update I cannot be sure.
    You might need to upgrade the program.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Debbie and DebonAir,

Thanks for raising this issue.

The script error is benign and relates to an older Internet Explorer on the PC.  Click on Yes and continue..

For terminated employees, Payment Summaries will pick up the Release Date in the Employee Organiser as the To Date for Period of Payment, so as you are terminating the employee make sure the Release Date is the same as the Last Day worked.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Debbie_8328471
    Debbie_8328471 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi John,

Thanks for your response.

I've checked that my internet browser is Internet Explorer 11, which I believe is the latest version at the moment.

I clicked "Yes" but I just cannot go to the next step, with the same date for both release date and last day worked.

Can you please try to fix the problem? It will create more issues if terminated employees are not properly laid off in the system as time goes.

Thank you.

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Reduce your security settings on your Internet Explorer:
    Tools > Internet Option > Security tab > Internet > lower by one notch.
    Also untick Enable Protected Mode if it is ticked.
    then go to Privacy tab and lower it one notch.

Hope this does it.

regards,
    John