How to resolve Script Error message

GSharry
GSharry Member Posts: 13
edited December 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Each time I try and click on a thread on this site I get Script Error. Usually two of them. Is something not set correctly? Thanks

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi GSharry,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  

Script error messages are often a result of your web browser security settings being set too high.  Lower Seurity and Privacy settings and try again.

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security, then in the Internet zone lower your security setting:

then on the Privacy tab, lower the security:

If you are using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer v10 or later, then this Note may be of interest:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/reckon_accounts_windows_8_0_8_1_ie10_11

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • GSharry
    edited February 2014
    Thanks but it did not help. Using Windows 7. 2013 Accounts
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Glenda,

Hmm...

Do yo get the same problem if you use another web browser?

Otherwise, try the following in Internet Explorer until you achieve success:
    1. Turn off any Pop-Up blockers
    2. Clear your Cookies - or at least lower to allow;
    3. Restore Advances Settings
    4. Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    Let me know how you go.

regards,
    John
  • Irene_6711353
    Irene_6711353 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I'm getting a script error when I open QB2008-09. It says "unterminated string constant". How can I fix this?. QB 2008-2009. I'm now getting a script error when I open the programme. It says there is an "unterminated string constant". How can I fix this?
  • GSharry
    edited March 2014

Hi John,

Still having problems and only with your site. I think I  have done everything you said above.

Glenda

• John G
    edited December 2016
    Hi Glenda,

Sorry you are still having trouble.  

Is the trouble with using Accounts Business or is it with accessing a Reckon website?

Also, what web browser are you using and what is its version number?

regards,
    John
  • GSharry
    edited July 2017

I am using Google Chrome for Windows 8, The script problem is only with your site. When I into Help Contact Support and click on any conversations I get the script message.  I actually have a more urgent problem regarding losing the connection to the company file where I am losing all my unsaved work, but I have not yet received a reply.
  • Andrew Cherubin
    Andrew Cherubin Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017

Hi Glenda

Did this issue every get resolved.

I am having same trouble.

It only happens when accessing help from within Reckon. No problem if accessing outside Reckon. Obviously a problem with the program

Guys, just admit the issue and get it fixed. I have other programs that use internet for help and have no issues.

• GSharry
    edited April 2014
    Hi. No never got fixed. I also have another problem regarding my new printer. Whenever I try and print out a reconciliation, QB tells me that the printer is not active.  I have to x out several times.  In the meantime, it is loading the info in the background and then, hallalulah, it allows me to print.  Still think that Windows 8 has something to do with my problems.
  • Renaldostheold
    Renaldostheold Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Yes I too have this problem. Thought it would be fixed with 2014 edition. Pretty annoying given it has been reported even in earlier editions.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Glenda,

Just to confirm, the script errors are occurring with the community website? If this is the case have you tried clearing your cookies or using an alternate browser?

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • Paul Fisher
    Paul Fisher Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Has anyone resolved this problem? Everything thats been put up here doesn't work for me.
  • Andrew Keene
    Andrew Keene Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Surely this can't be that hard, I am having the same problem. Maybe I should switch to Xero. The call centre is only open business hours, I work on accounts out of business hours.
  • surend
    surend Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled unable to log on to Bank data for the first time.. script errorimage
  • Mooshie Ervin
    Mooshie Ervin Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2015
    Having these issues now trying to terminate an employee :( Can't seem to resolve it.
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Michelle,

Please try below steps.

1.    Reboot the PC and try again.

2.    Launch QuickBooks from its application icon and then open your company file.  Do not use a shortcut directly to your company file.   

Regards

Deny Dharmawan