Select Forms to email - EMPTY

Options
Thomas_7040795
Thomas_7040795 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
My 'Select Forms to email' is EMPTY after I have selected the pay slips of all employees, for whom I can print the same pay slips.
The same is the case for the Payment Summaries.
Does anybody have a solution how I can get those files emailed again? 
Thanks

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thomas.  You don't say if you could previously do this and that is suddenly stopped.  Could you previously email these forms?  Assuming that you have never previously tried to email these forms, do the following:
    1.  Go to Employees
    2.  Click on Employee Centre
    3.  Select one of your employees and double click.  Ensure that the Change Tabs window is set to Personal Info - it should normally be set to this by default.
    4.  Across the top of this employee record are three tabs - click on the middle one Address and Contact..
    5.  In the bottom right hand corner are the options for Preferred Send Form Method.  Change the method to Both.  This means that you can then either print or email the forms.  If you have already set this to either Both or Email and you still cannot send by email, then you have a different problem.
    See how you go.
    John L G

thomas.
  • Thomas_7040795
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi John, thanks a lot for your assistance. Sorry I did not specify whether I could email forms before. 

I have been able to email forms 'for years' and when I wanted to email out the payment summaries this feature started to act strangely. I had 27 payment summaries printed and wanted to email them. When trying to do this, it indicated that there will be 8 forms to be emailed. I closed the window and tried again. This time it said there are 16 forms; during the next attempt is was 24 and finally 36. Afterwards there were no more forms to be emailed and also no more pay slips.

Any ideas how to get those forms back into the Emailing Feature? 
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Thomas.  Thanks for further information.  There was a problem with this 12 months ago, in which I was heavily involved with comments.  At that time, one of the fixes seemed to be to keep on opening and shutting the email forms window countless times and then it seemed to eventually work.  This is the community link.  It it doesn't come through too get, just hit "view reply" and you should be able to see the posts on the right hand side of the screen:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/cant-email-payslips-dxsjxxall69qc?utm_source=notification...

John L G
  • Thomas_7040795
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks John, I think I have read your comments already when I was searching the community for solutions. I just thought that this countless opening and closing can't be the solution...
    But if you recommend it, I am happy to do this.
    Well, since this might take a while, I will get back to you later with a summary of what happened.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thomas, it is obviously not an ideal solution and it is disappointing that there does not seem to be a better solution.  It is also unfortunate that Reckon does not seem to have really stepped into trying to solve this one last year.  Near the very end of the community post last year were references by official rep John, to a couple of links to Knowledge Base solutions.  Did you perchance look at these?  One final thought.  Are you running the 2016 version of Hosted or the 2015 version.  If still in 2015, I would encourage you to go to 2016 in case this fixes the problem.  On the other hand, if the KB solution really does point to corrupted forms, that is not going to help too much.
    John L G 
  • Thomas_7040795
    edited May 2020
    Options
    John, YOU MADE MY DAY!! - Thanks a lot. This worked.
    It is a very strange way to solve the problem, and frankly speaking I initially objected to do it. But after great frustrations I saw no other way out than to try.

What I did is the following:

Click on the tab FILE 

Select the SEND FORMS Option and the EMPTY 'Select Forms to Send' window opens.

With this window open I click the ESC button, and I repeated this opening/closing cycle most likely about 30 times.

Suddenly some pay slips appeared in the 'Select Forms to Send' window. I removed one after the other and continued the above mentioned cycle probably another approx. 30 times. Then some other pay slips from an earlier date appeared, I removed all of them as well and went on with the initial cycle.... then 55 Payment Summaries appeared, which I also removed and after maybe another 50 ESC button cycles and no more forms appearing in the 'Select Forms to Send' I dared to go back to the normal 'Select Forms to Email' procedure. And to my great relief the system was able to email out again all the pay slips as well as the payment summaries.

Once again many thanks to you, John.

• Melanie Pink_10033410
    Melanie Pink_10033410 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Unbelievable 3 years on from this original issue and I had the same problem today. The solution was literally sitting here like an idiot selecting forms to send and pressing esc. It would have been 30+ times and suddenly my payslips appeared. Yesterday I managed to send my group certificates with no problem at all and then nothing for the payslips.

Seriously if there is a bug in the system then it needs to be fixed - this is highly unprofessional!
  • Rebecca Kelly
    Rebecca Kelly Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Same Issue.... ridiculous
  • Marina Di Rosso
    Marina Di Rosso Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2020
    Options
    This issue is still unresolved!!! Having to sit and press ESC ad nauseam is not a productive and economic use of my time. Seriously-fix this problem-we pay you enough for the service.