Select Reckon Accounts Edition

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have recently install Reckon 2016 for 2 x clients this part has all gone OK

However when we open 2016 for the first time it asks which edition of 

1) Client A is running Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2016 but it asks me which version of that we want, Can i determine this from their 2015 version? To be frank I have no idea which version it is

2) Client B is running Enterprise and it gives me a whole list of options which I am not totally sure. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Both Premier and Enterprise editions offer you the choice of Industries.  These are additional reporting features specific to those industries that are offered over the generic industry General.  You can only choose one.  

If you wish to switch Industries you'll need to un-install and re-install Reckon Accounts and make your new Industry selection.  This choice will not affect other Reckon Accounts installations working with the company file, but each installation will only see the company file according to its own industry selection.  

Hope this explains it.

regards,
    John.  

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2020
    Thanks John G

Is there a way I can see what option was chosen for their 2015 version which is currently installed?

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    check the 2015 installation folder, for QBW32PremierGeneric.exe, QBW32Enterprise.exe, QBW32<version_name>.exe

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2016
    H Andrew, Yes that is what I am trying to find out. Surely this must be recorded somewhere ?

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2016
    So.... I got off the phone to a support rep who has said to press "CTRL 1" (When Logged into a QB Company) and the Product info line will display your edition. In my case it didn't have anything specific so he advised that the General Edition must have been selected. Hopefully this helps someone else :)
  • Spilly
    edited April 2016
    As stated above these are QBW32<version>.exe installed to the installation folder once you have select which one:

QBW32Basic
    QBW32Enterprise
    QBW32EnterpriseAccountant
    QBW32EnterpriseContractor
    QBW32EnterpriseNonprofit
    QBW32EnterpriseProfessional
    QBW32EnterpriseRetail
    QBW32EnterpriseWholesale
    qbw32lite
    QBW32MasNeutron
    QBW32Neutron
    QBW32PremierAccountant
    QBW32PremierContractor
    QBW32PremierGeneric
    QBW32PremierNonprofit
    QBW32PremierProfessional
    QBW32PremierRetail
    QBW32PremierWholesale
    QBW32Pro
    QBW32Simplestart
    QBW32SimplestartLimited

Why they do this is beyond me, storing the information inline with the license and or database would be some what more efficient.
    ?
  • Spilly
    edited April 2016
    By these names, I'd really like try MasNeutron sounds cool, may do special things, like no bugs, balances forever in the green. Not sure about SimplestartLimited, how limited can simple be?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Hi Everyone,

When you select an industry type the database is restructured to produce the Industry Reports and Menus to them.  This database structuring can only be done during installation.  The changes made do not affect the transactional section of the database, so this company file is usable in other Industry type installations of the same edition (Premier or Enterprise).

In a multi-user environment, all PCs must be of the same type, so if you want a company file in a different industry type you'll need to install a Reckon Accounts on a PC not on that network.  

On Hosted, you have a version that gives you access to all the Industry Reports in the one installation, so having two company files on different industry types is not an issue.  

Hope this explains the situation.

regards,
    John.

• Amelia Todd
    Amelia Todd Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2017
    Hi John,
    I'm just dealing with this issue at the moment.
    I have 2 businesses with separate data files. One is a wholesale/manufacturing business, the other is a retail business. Which edition should I choose when installing?
    If I go retail, will it have the item assemblies and bill of materials etc that I need for wholesale/manufacturing?
    The retail business is the bigger of the two.
    Thanks!
    Amelia