Set up Reckon STP app yesterday, can't log in today

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
I've tried to log on today but get the message "Incorrect Email or Password".  
I wrote the password down carefully yesterday, but have tried many variations today with no luck.
Then I clicked on "forgot password" and entered my email address.
I then get a message "sorry, the address is not known to Reckon"
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,270 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi S Maier,
When you set up the app yesterday, did you actually register an account for the app and go through the setup of the company/employees?

Did you use the same email address as the one used for this Reckon Community account?
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Hello, yes I did the complete set up of two employees, and then phoned the ATO to provide them with the software ID. 
I did use the same email for both the app and this page.
Thanks, Sonja
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Hello Rav, just wondering if you have any suggestions?  I'm still not able to log in today.
Thanks Sonja 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 80,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sonja,
When I look up your email address for Reckon Portal accounts, I do find an account registered for it however there is no STP entity set up under it for any ABN's.

However, I have also found another account under the user name smaier which has a STP entity registered already from July last year.

If this is the case then you will need to login to the Reckon Portal and use the GovConnect service. I am a bit puzzled though because you've mentioned you've used the app and submitted a payrun from it as well because if you've already got the GovConnect service you cannot use the app and it should have advised you as such.
Can you confirm the ABN we're referring to in this case?
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Thanks for your reply Ravi - the ABN for the entity which I set up using the app is 84 712 667 977.
I don't use the GovConnect service myself, but my boss does, and he uses it re my wages.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for that Sonja, are these screenshots from today? ie. is the app allowing you to login intermittently?

Can I please just double check which email address you're using to login to the app?
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

The 'Register Software ID' screenshot is from Wednesday when I completed the set up.
The 'Welcome back' screenshot is from yesterday.
I haven't been able to log in at all since my initial set up on Wednesday.
Email address is sonja@benveling.com.au
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks, I'll need to raise this with our app & Portal teams for some closer investigation as to what is actually causing this. I'll have to come back to you when I get more info from the team
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Thank you very much for your help
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Sonja,
Can you please confirm if you're able to log in successfully now?
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Hi Rav, I've just tried to log on now, but unfortunately was not able to.
I did try on Saturday morning and I was able to log in for a short time.  I did not log out, rather I kept it open until I could do a pay run. But when I went to do it I had been kicked out and was back at the sign in screen.
I have not been able to log in again since then.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Sonja,
We released an update to the app a day or two ago, can you please update to the new version, 1.0.9 and retry one more time.

Failing that, can you please confirm your iPhone model and the version of iOS its running.

Also, just to double/triple check.. When you login to the app successfully you are definitely using the same email address as the one used for your Reckon Community account?
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Morning Rav, thanks I've updated the app to v1.0.9 but still can't log in.
My phone is an iPhone 6s and the iOS is 12.3.1
The email address is the same for both the app and this page - it's my work email.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Sonja, and its still the same message you're receiving? ie. incorrect email/password
Photo of S Maier

S Maier

Yes that's right, it says 'Incorrect email or password, please check your details and try again'