setting up a permanent part time employee in Reckon Accounts Premier 2014

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 39
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi,

I need assistance in setting up an employee as a part time employee. We have never had a part time employee before only had fulltime employee and casual.

We use Reckon Accounts Premier 2014.

Thanks

Vicky

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Howdy Partner! The names Mickie the Kid... Kev raises a great point, seeking out support from an Accredited Partner is always the optimum scenario to get the best results. In this case though seeing as you have already set up casuals and full time employees the process is very much the same for a part-time perm employee. But, in saying all this, if you're not comfortable with doing this yourself reaching out is best.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 39
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Kevin,

I figure tech support should be able to help me. I was on hold (as a member) to the tech support line for over half an hour, so that's why l have posted here...l thought l would get a quicker response.

Have l mistakenly assumed that this community is the same as calling tech support?

Vicky

• Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited May 2015
    Options

Vicky, Setting up a part time employee is exactly the same as a full timer.  You just have to adjust the accruals for the % of the full time employees.  EG if they are working 20 hours per week and a full timer works 40 hours per week then their leave entitlements will be half of the full timers.  When you get to the type of employment you just select "part Time" ("PT").  I am an accredited partner and this would take only minutes to tell you.  Would not be worth the hassle of charging when you already know the processes just needed some guidance.  All the best