Setting up additional Annual Leave

Frazzled_9181722
Frazzled_9181722 Member Posts: 7
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Our company needs to accrue additional Annual leave for our staff as of 1 July 2017 and I would like to know how to set it up correctly. 

Currently our staff accrues 20 Annual Leave days (pro rata for part-time) with 17.5% Leave Loading 

As of 1 July 2017 in addition to the Annual Leave mentioned already – our staff will be entitled to an additional 5 days Annual Leave (pro-rata for part-time) with NO Leave Loading.  

I have created the leave in the ‘payroll item list’ – but I am unsure how to add it into the Leave Details screen within the employees ‘leave details’ screen to ensure it accrues correctly.  

Hoping someone can help - thank you

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

0.09615 accrual rate per hour

on a 35 hour week and 1820 hours per year you 0.07962 which is normal or 4/52

you can now take 5/52 = 0.09615

Leave Loading is a payroll item that you don't need to add then

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I take it Personal Leave stays the same but the same process would apply 2/52 = 0.0384
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Frazzled

You go to preferences > payroll & employees >  company tab - you will see 'other leave names' down the bottom - label one of these to identify the new A/L (no load.).

Then go into the employees leave details you will then see the third tab with the name you labeled it.  Pers. Leave - Annual Leave - New leave.

Use this new tab as set up the leave per pay period etc as you have done the others.  With the payroll items created make sure they track to this new leave accrual correctly.

if you have any issues you can call me on 0429 305300 or email Kim@kwikbooks.com.au
  • Frazzled_9181722
    Frazzled_9181722 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2017
    Thats worked perfectly - thank you so much.  Much appreciated