Setting up Other 2 as TOIL

Options
Kelly_9053791
Kelly_9053791 Member Posts: 29
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to set up a payroll item to keep track of TOIL for certain employees.

I have renamed Other 2 to TOIL and I found what I think were the associated payroll items that seem to increase/decrease the Other 2 leave balances. But I have to increase the leave accrued by using a negative and I have noticed in the employee card that as well as showing Hours Available 3.75, underneath is says Hours Used This Year -3.75, however no hours have been used yet and this figure only seems to be changing in reaction to the employee accruing hours.

Is there something wrong with the payroll item setup?? I was under the impression these payroll items came preloaded into Reckon, so how could that be?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kelly - I think you are confusing items needed to accrue leave with items need to use leave...
    Reckon do have a method of using TOIL which works as you describe - with using negative entries to accrue leave and positive entries to use leave.... but there is another way... as described below:

The Other 2 Hourly and Other 2 Salary items are used to DECREASE any leave accrual... you can use ordinary payroll items to INCREASE leave accruals... so you setup an ordinary payroll item type - which you can call TOIL Accrued - and on the last tab for this setup - you should tick the include in Every Hour worked leave accruals...so that any quantity you use here - will be picked up for the TOIL leave type if you setup that leave type to accrue say 1 hr for every hour worked... but you need to make sure you don't have other leave items using the Every Hour worked option as well otherwise it wont work as you want it to...  if you do have this issue - then you need to use the Reckon option that I described first off.... the KB article for how to set up the Reckon Option is No. 5407.  Cheers
  • Kelly_9053791
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks Linda!

I've tried everything as suggested and I still don't seem to be able to rectify this issue of the hours accrued also showing as hours used under the employee card.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I get what you are saying... check if you have this right...
    see my example screen shots - I use a Toil Accrued and a Toil used item - only ONE of them has the Include in Every Hour worked ticked - this could be your problem?imageimage
  • Kelly_9053791
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ok, I've checked this too, and changed it as they were both ticked. Still the same issue.
    Is there anything else I can check?