Setting Up Reckon Portal Account

Karen_10065121
Karen_10065121 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am new to Reckon Hosted. In order to use the GovConnect app and lodge STP with the ATO, I understand that I need a Reckon Portal A/c. Accordin to the help page this is automatically set up with Hosted and there would be a link on my home page. There is no link and when I try to go in through the Reckon Portal Account link within the help page it doesnt recognise my username. I have also tried my original user name from when I first registered but that doesn't work either. I updated my accounting software purely because I needed to be compliant for STP. Help!

Comments

• Sherry Humphreys
    Sherry Humphreys Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2019
    try going to portal.reckon.com, then register your business and information abn etc, then log on using your user name. I found that the portal had not been set up as described.
  • Karen_10065121
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for the prompt response I will try that now. Thanks again
  • Rye Cemetery
    Rye Cemetery Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    I have tried to do this as well and am getting a 'unable to create subscription" on the first GovConnect, Getting very frustrated.  Spend more than 40 minutes on hold to hosted Support three times and have had to give up.  Please Help 

• Sherry Humphreys
    Sherry Humphreys Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2019
    When you register for free, you need to use your accounts hosted username not your user id and you must have adminstrators permission.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi Karen,
    How did you get on with setting up your Reckon Portal account?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi there,
    The 'Unable to create subscription' message means that the ABN has already been registered in GovConnect for STP services.In most cases we've come across, there are two causes;
    • Someone else in the business has already registered the ABN for STP in GovConnect.
    • Follows on from the above scenario. The ABN has already been registered and you are not logged in to the same Reckon Portal account that it was registered under and are attempting to register the ABN again for GovConnect.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rye Cemetery
    edited May 2019
    How is this fixed?

• Rav
    edited May 2019
    Log in to the Reckon Portal using the same account (email address & password) that was used when the ABN was registered for GovConnect.

• Rye Cemetery
    edited May 2019
    And if that is unknown how ?  
  • Karen_10065121
    edited June 2019
    I think I'm good now. I finally got through to customer support. I have been out of the office since so I will see how I go when I next try to use Reckon. Thanks

• Rye Cemetery
    edited June 2019
    I am just getting extremely frustrated not being about to get through to technical support as I have been advised - just going around in a phone recorded loop!!!!