Setting up Super Data

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I have installed the patch for Super Data and am in the process of setting up the employees as APRA or SMSF and I have created new payroll items and Suppliers as per thei nstructions to be linked to the payroll item as the name of the agency to which the liability is paid. However I have 2 SMSF employees and two HESTA APRA emplyees (HESTA previously was not able to be done thru Super Link) and unfortunately they are ALL defaulting to the one SMSF the first Super payroll item set up. Can anyone assist?
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Hi Kim,

If  some of the employees are using the wrong super payroll item just go into the employee card and change it and choose the correct one.  If I have misunderstood please explain the problem again and I will do my best to help.

Regards,

Shane.

Photo of Kim

Kim

Hi Shane,

Thank you for you reply.  I have done this and the correct payroll items are being saved on the employee card, however when I print the Super Data Report all of the SMSF and HESTA employees are being listed under the one super payroll item a SMSF despite being different in the employee records.  So it doesn't seem to be a matter of choosing the incorrect super payroll item something is happening in the transfer to the report - maybe?  I would really love your feedback and assistance with this.  Further to the information given I am just setting up the Super Data and will be using it for the first time this month and 2 payrolls have already been run, could this affect the outcome of the report? 

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kim,

When your running the super export report, are you running the report for the period of the first 2 pays which were done before setting up all the payroll items?  

Because if at the time those pays were run all the employees were linked to the same payroll item, then the report would show all employees on the same payroll item.  If you have setup all the new payroll items and added them to the employee cards after running the first 2 pays, those first 2 pays wont change, so if you report on those first 2 pays you would get the result you are getting.

If that is correct you could fix that by deleting the first 2 pays and doing them again.  Because the employee cards now use the correct payroll items, if you re-do those pays the report should then give you the right info.

Let me know how it goes.
Shane.
Photo of Kim

Kim

Hi Shane,

Thank you so much for your help, I was afraid you would say a re-do was necessary.  I will certainly let you know how I go.

Regards,

Kim

Photo of Dianne Metcalfe

Dianne Metcalfe

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Should the 'Exempt from Reportable Employer Super Contribuions' box be ticked when setting up SA
??
(Edited)
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,490 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Dianne,

Thanks for asking.

The Super payroll items in Reckon Accounts are processed according to superannuation requirements and will report as required by legislation. 

Super Guarantee payroll item (SA) does not report RESC while it is paid at the official rate (currently 9.50%)  Amounts over this rate will be reported to RESC.

Collective Agreement payroll item (CA) does not report RESC while it is paid at the authorised industry rate (entered by the user).  Amounts over this rate will be reported to RESC.

Super Salary Sacrifice (SS) and Employer Additional (EA) will report to RESC.

The Exempt from RESC box should be ticked only when normally reported items to RESC are not to be reported.  You should only tick this box on an explicit instruction from your Accountant as only a very few instances would qualify for it.   

Hope this helps.

regards,
John