Settlement/Prompt payment discount

Options
Robert_8349542
Robert_8349542 Member Posts: 5
edited May 2017 in Accounts Hosted
I've found several other posts on the same topic but am asking the question again myself in
the hope someone may have found other soutions. Our customers are entitled to a small discount if they pay their invoice in 30 days. Ideally the dollar value of the discount needs to be shown at the bottom of the invoice and we should be able to record the short payment of the invoice without hassle. It seems a "button press" was available previously but has now been removed. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the Community Robert,

I've found a couple of other threads around this also, did you come across this one in your search?
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/early_payment_discount_on_an_invoice?topic-reply-list%5Bs...

Does the solution outlined by Shane in that thread cover what you require?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robert_8349542
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the response Rav. I had found that thread but was still hoping for a magic bullet. My problem is more complex than the question I posted and I was keen to see how others handle it. Given the 100's of companies we deal with all offering Settlement with their different accounting packages, we were bit
    hopeful for an elegant solution. We stupidly have different settlements for different customers and have products that are allowed settlement and others that are not. We may need a change in our thinking not programs. Thanks again. 
  • Robert_8349542
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the response Rav. I had found that thread but was still hoping for a magic bullet. My problem is more complex than the question I posted and I was keen to see how others handle it. Given the 100's of companies we deal with all offering Settlement with their different accounting packages, we were bit
    hopeful for an elegant solution. We stupidly have different settlements for different customers and have products that are allowed settlement and others that are not. We may need a change in our thinking not programs. Thanks again. 
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am interested in the solution you found for this problem. We are in the same position now, adding discounts for early settlement based on customer types.