Setup of Leave Loading

Options
Natalie_7017696
Natalie_7017696 Member Posts: 29

I need to setup an additional leave loading payroll item.  When I select the original one setup in Reckon it works without any problems, but the new one I have setup works out 17.5% on the gross wages, not just the holiday pay.  We are using Reckon Accounts Enterprise: Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition 2014.  Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2018
    Options
    you can set it up in the item to calculate on Gross wages and it works.
  • Natalie_7017696
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi Kathy

Can you please explain a little bit further what you mean?  Do you mean in the item for gross wages or holiday leave loading?  And how it do it?

Thank you

Natalie

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Natalie, From the menu at the top select Lists> then choose Payroll Item List. From the bottom the screen that is displayed select Payroll item and new. Select addition as the type and choose next . Name it what you would it to be known as. Don't tick any other box and then select next. Select the account that you wish the expense to be charged to and then next. In the tax tracking type it is gross. select next. Leave the next page as default and then next. Calculate based on quantity - choose NEITHER. Next - default rate = 17.5% and then next . select all the super items and finish. this will allow the 17.5% to calculate on the gross pay. When i went into a pay and tried it i had to add it as an addition in the middle box where the leave loading is. Hope this is not too confusing. regards Kathy
  • Natalie_7017696
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thanks Kathy.  But this is how I have set the leave loading up and it still calculates it on gross wages not just the annual leave.  If somebody just takes 1 day of leave in a week, I only want leave loading calculated on this 1 day not the whole week.  There I don't want it on the gross pay.

I was previously advised that it can't be done, you have to use the one and only leave loading item set up in the system, so I think that is correct.

Thanks again for your help.