SG amount included in Gross Payment on PAYG payment summary for one employee

Georgie_8281276
Georgie_8281276 Member Posts: 18
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
For some reason, the Gross Payment amount for one of our employees includes the super (not RESC, just the ordinary Super Guarantee) paid to him during the financial year, which I am fairly sure is incorrect. He appears to be set up exactly the same as everyone else. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Georgie.  The likelihood is that the setup for this particular super fund has an error in.  Edit the payroll item.  When you get to tax tracking, I suspect that you will find that it has been set to Gross Payments instead of to None.  John L G
  • Georgie_8281276
    Georgie_8281276 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2020
    Thanks John - that's it!! All fixed now.
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Excellent - thanks for letting know. John L G
  • Julie Hopkins
    Julie Hopkins Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    Which tax tracking type is used for Salary Sacrifice Super please? it is not taxable but still needs to show on payroll summary...?

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Julie.  The tax tracking should be set to Gross Payments, the Taxes set to PAYG Tax, and, as part of the initial set-up, the Salary Contribution page should have been set to Salary Sacrifice (SS) in order for the deductions to show separately on the Payment Summary
    John L G
  • Julie Hopkins
    edited July 2020
    Hi John
    I have made a new payroll item as per the instructions from you and Youtube however I cant seem to get the employee super report to show RESC amount even though I am unlocking an old pay and deleting the incorrect payroll item and replacing with the new super Sal Sacrifice... any idea on what I am doing wrong?  All looks good on the screen but I cant seem to get the RESC connecting. Help please.
    Julie
  • John Graetz
    edited October 2017

Hi Julie.  Probably pretty simple to fix.  Every time that you create a new Super Fund within payroll, and run the resultant report, you need to edit the report to include the new payroll item that it relates to.  If you are having trouble doing this, give me a ring on 0428 695454 as it is much easier to run through it than try and write the instructions for you..

John L G

• Julie Hopkins
    edited July 2020
    I tried again and got it to work, Yippee!!.
    Thanks for your input John
    Julie
  • John Graetz
    edited October 2017

Excellent Julie - thanks for reporting back.

John L G

• Loretta Wisdom-Zagon
    Loretta Wisdom-Zagon Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2019

Hi John
     My Payroll Totals report show X amount sal sac. but payment summary shows one week less of SS.  Only for one employee!  All others are fine.  Dates are good.  All paid by 26/6 so should show on payment summary but are not.  Your assistance would be appreciated.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Hi Loretta.  If you go to the following Knowledgebase site, this will provide you with the action that you need to correct the error - it is relatively straight forward - try Option 2.  This problem probably tends to rear its head at the end of the year for an odd employee. I have had to correct it on more than one occasion in the past.  At least by following these instructions, you know which pay the problem has occurred in.

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3621

John L G
  • Loretta Wisdom-Zagon
    Loretta Wisdom-Zagon Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2019
    Thank you John.  What a champion you are!
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Loretta.  I am very pleased that the solution for you was still as easy to correct as always.
    John L G