SG Super not calculating properly

Options
Liz McGrath_6952006
Liz McGrath_6952006 Member Posts: 13
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Reckon Premier 2014, there are approx 50+ casual employees. Pays are bi-monthly, some employees don't reach the 450.00 per month. I have set up individual super items for each fund as at 01/07/14. the SG Super for some employees is not being calculated. I have checked the item set up and con't find any difference there.  Can anyone offer any suggestions, please.
I am trying to get it ready for superstream this qtr.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Check that each individual super item is also pointing to the correct wage item. It happens to me often enough.
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I also set up individual super items for each employee, a lot I know, but often easier to follow and reconcile later
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Charlie mate, I set up different items for the different funds. It help when you are paying the liabilities. I wouldn't go so far as to set up items for each employee. Sounds like over kill.
  • Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks I will keep checking.
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nice work Liz. Let me know how you fare
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Options

Kevin, agree with the different funds and I know employee super items can be overkill but most of my clients don't have so many employees.

The wage account won't affect calculations but if in the setup of the super item it doesn't point to say 'casual hourly' then it won't calculate. If a new payroll item is set up in the payroll process and after the super item has been set up then it also won't calculate because it won't be ticked in the super setup.

Clear as mud eh!

• Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Charlie yes but in the super item you can include the "casual" pay item can you not? I guess that was my point. Probably just a misunderstanding of the proper setup.
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Kevin, yup you do include it and then it will calculate correctly, but like I said if you create another pay item after the super item has already been set up then the pay item that you have just created will not be ticked and you will have to go back into the super setup and make sure that you tick it for it to calculate against that pay item. :-)
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the point of clarifications Charles. I did not realize you had created the supor item AFTER the pay item
  • Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Guys,
    All the super items and the payroll items were setup prior to running the first payroll for this financial year. There has been a change of pay rate though but that should only affect the pays after that date? Is there a way of refreshing the pays to make it recalculate the super?
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Liz,

To refresh a pay, if you go into the previous paycheque from the employee centre by double clicking on it, then click paycheque detail, then unlock net pay, all you have to do it change the super to something else (doesn't matter what), then change it back to the correct super you had previously and it will refresh.

You definitely made sure that you have entered $450 on the minimum super screen for each payroll item?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks Sally
  • Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I did the refresh on all the affected pays for the last quarter.
    It was quiet tedious as there are 50+ employees paid bi-monthly. Not all pays were affected, mostly those that were not paid over $450 for each month. Some I had to do the refresh several times before it would re-calculate properly. Anyway all done now ready for super payment. I am not sure individual payroll items for each super fund is worth the hassle for so many employees but it's done now. Thanks everyone for your help and comments.