Share price updates stopped working

Andrew_7263018
Andrew_7263018 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2020 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
Using Reckon Accounts Home and Business 2016 R1.  My two year subscription for share price downloads started on the 28/05/18 when it was installed.

The downloads stopped working around early April 2019.  The share prices would download within seconds previously.  Now after around 30 seconds 'updating', the update status then shows 'downloading' briefly then closes.  No prices have been updated.

I know there have been issues before, but I can't find anything recent about this.  Can anyone help with this one?

Cheers - Andrew

Comments

• Kevin_9915502
    Kevin_9915502 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    Hi Andrew,
    I am still within my first year of an upgrade to 2019 and my share price update is still working ok. 
    As Archie suggested, I think your next course of action is to attempt help from RECON!! Good luck.

Cheers,
    Kevin
  • Andrew_7263018
    edited September 2020
    Thanks for the replies!  Here is my licence info without the install key:

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Andrew,
    I just tested out share prices on my installation of Personal Plus 2019 and seemed to work normally.
    Are ALL your shares not updating or a select few?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Andrew_7263018
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, thanks for checking it out.  No prices have updated since it stopped working and the portfolio value in the accounts list doesn't change.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the potshots fellas, quite petty in my opinion.
    Diver Dave, yes I'm well aware that its Andrew's copy that is having the issue, he's advised as such. Obviously the first thing I'm going to check is whether there is an issue with the overall share price download service to rule something at the source aren't I? Hence my next follow up question in my post to further probe the situation Andrew is in.

Archie, mate you're in no position to be making aspersions on my qualifications. For the record, in no way was I passing the buck back to Andrew, not sure how you could possibly reach that conclusion from my reply.

Appreciate that you've both offered some helpful advice for Andrew to follow up on. Hopefully he comes back to us with a positive outcome.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Andrew_7263018
    edited July 2019
    @Diver Dave: Thanks, I had checked that the stocks were still checked.  I also always validate the file in Reckon if there is an issue. However I am searching for 'Super Validate' and 'empty your cache' to see what's required to do that.
  • Kevin_9915502
    Kevin_9915502 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    Completely agree with Diver Dave. I have been using QUICKEN / RECKON for 20+ years, since QUICKEN became RECKON, development appears to have stopped. Upgrades over the last 5 years look no different. Many suggestions I have put up have not been acknowledged by RECKON or incorporated. There are a lot of disgruntled users out there in Oz.

Cheers,
    Kevin
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    I am gathering more info from our product owners on this issue today and will respond once I know more. 

Regards,
    Jason
  • Andrew_7263018
    edited September 2020
    Thanks Jason. The time taken for the 'downloading' and 'saving' messages to disappear changed last week from around 30 seconds to about 3 seconds.  The server handshake has sped up, but still no downloads.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • Jason Hollis
    edited August 2019
    Hi Andrew. The issue is that we changed the download provider in the 2017 version onwards due to the reliability of the previous service as you touched on earlier. I suspect the old service is causing this problem - especially since there aren't any reported issues of the current version.

We are looking into your specific case now. 

• Jason Hollis
    edited August 2019
    Hi again Andrew. It's quite possible you received an older retail version that wasn't removed from sale by the retailer, or indeed it was a current version at the time that simply wasn't activated. The team set up a process for the first issue at https://www.reckon.com/au/upgrade/ however Rav is going to contact you directly. 

We'll get you sorted. 

If other users are in the same boat, please follow the instructions at the above link. 

Regards,
    Jason
  • Jason Hollis
    edited August 2019
    Hi Dave, as discussed offline I hope to have a response posted by weeks end, if not, early next week. 

Regards,
    Jason

• Jason Hollis
    edited August 2019
    Hi Dave, Kevin, Archie and others. Thank you for your patience whilst I was out of the office. Please see our official position below.

Our customers may not be aware that Reckon Personal (formerly Quicken) was first released in the US in 1983, and is now what we would describe as a 'fully featured, mature product'.

We will continue to support RAP however no new features will be developed. We will of course ensure that new releases are compatible with Windows (Windows 10 has made this a lot easier now), maintain and improve data services, and address any catastrophic bugs if they occur. 

Regards,
    Jason 
This discussion has been closed.