Share prices have ceased downloading Personal Plus

Options
Bruce Edwardes
Bruce Edwardes Member Posts: 4
I renewed Personal Plus Oct. 2018 but I now realise share prices have not downloaded since June 2019. 
Any suggestions as to how I might activate the share price downloads?
Under my License information I note - Online Service is valid till 30-10-20.
Should I start over with a new installation key?

Comments

• Bruce Edwardes
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks Dave but all shares checked out.  I believe it is a software problem but Reckon don't seem to want to own it.

Bruce
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi Bruce,
    What sort of troubleshooting has been conducted so far?
    Are ALL shares affected for you or a select few? ASX or US shares? Or both?

There are a number of conditions outlined in this Knowledgebase article which I'd recommend as a starting point if you haven't already -
    Share Prices are not updating?

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce Edwardes
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thank You for touching base Rav. in respect of my issue.
    After much pain and research including the knowledge base issues on the community website. By the way your link did not work for some reason.
    Anyway I have solved my main issue just tonight , which may be useful to others.
    I have traded quite a number of shares over past 15 years since establishing my SMSF platform.  Each security is shown on the Security List now mounting to some 200+, although I only have a current portfolio of some 50 shares. Each of the 200+ has remained ticked on the "WATCH' column, which has continued to download prices although the Sold share prices are not now required.  Apparently about 200 must be the limit for downloading after which the process cuts out as it did for me round July last year. The download was still proceeding with activity but not actually working. I had sought for some definition of the WATCH column but could not find any description through the help pages.
    After deleting the ticks under the WATCH column of non current securities the current prices are now downloading.
    I do however have a query in respect of "Historical prices", which I now want to include.
    When proceeding to the Security Detail View then Update then Historical Prices, it is providing me with a selection of only 6 shares viz. my US Share Holdings. I do not seem to be able to replace these with my main Australian Portfolio of approx. 45 shares to update.
    Your advice would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Bruce Edwardes
  • Bruce Edwardes
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks Dave for your interest but with the market movements of late and a family visit interstate I have not had time to think about it. 
    The issue itself is not that important as the price downloads (which have been solved), so I would not proceed to download individual stocks. Reckon Australia may catch up with the US in due course.

Regards

Bruce Edwardes