share download in Accounts 2015

Live4life
Live4life Member Posts: 27
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been using Accounts 2013 and downloaded share prices every evening without problems up to Friday 8 August 2014. Today, Mon 11 August 2014, I upgraded to Accounts 2015, which is supposed to download real time share prices. However, when I tried to download, the programme connected to the net but did not update the data. Have I missed something?

Comments

• JeBiKe
    JeBiKe Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    +1 for this - the One Step Update process is finishing without returning an error, and the summary says "Quotes for 33 securities updated  11-Aug-14 6:22 pm", but the last share prices actually showing are still those from last Friday (8-Aug) - there is no price listed for today.
    Would appreciate it if Reckon could advise if the update service should be working correctly from today, and what to check if we are not having success.
  • Steven_7029225
    Steven_7029225 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2015
    Yes I just checked my share prices and at this stage after Monday market close I am still seeing Friday prices. I did the 2015 upgrade this morning.

So much for the "live" pricing updates. Will give it some time to settle but not off to a good start!
  • Steven_7029225
    edited November 2015
    Just done an update and today's prices just come in. All good now.
  • Live4life
    edited November 2015
    As an update to my 11 Aug post:
    Yes, in the evening I could update my share prices just as I used to do with the old Accounts 2013. However, when I tried downloading on 12 Aug during the day (in trading hours), the share prices did not download.
    Thus, I would not say that after hour closing prices could be called "Real Time" downloads!
    I now ask Reckon, is this something that will change or is this real time for Australia?
  • Steven_7029225
    edited November 2015
    Seems to be a pretty loose definition of "Real Time"
  • Live4life
    edited October 2014
    Hello everyone,
    Reckon has finally solved the problem of us not being able to use "Real Time" share price downloads by just eliminating any reference of "Real Time" from all their "Accounts 2015" advertising.
    Thus, according to Reckon, we can successfully download the share prices "Daily," just as we have up to now.
    Thanks Reckon, and thanks to those who have looked at and been amused by this question with me.

• MJR
    MJR Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    I have upgraded to 2015 so that I could download quotes (manually) but it doesn't work. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but nothing is updating. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Live4life
    edited October 2014
    Hi,
    You should be able to download your share prices this evening. The programme will only download the current end of day's prices either in the evening of that day, or the next day.
  • MJR
    edited October 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but the time of day is not the issue.  The download is not working and I have not had updated share prices since the June.

• sg
    sg Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    yeah i also upgraded to 2015 version but quotes not working for my ASX shares. Just says its connecting and nothing happens. Has anyone got any ideas on how to get the download quotes feature to work?

I am pretty sick of quicken/reckon. this is the last time i ever upgrade. :(

• MJR
    edited October 2014

Hi sg,

Sorry to hear that you are having the same issue but glad to see that it is not just me.  I agree - I am looking for alternative software with similar functionality.  Not being able to have free phone support to get the matter resolved is very frustrating. The fact that the vendor doesn't have enough faith in their product to provide basic phone support should have rung alarm bells before paid for another upgrade.  I have been using this previous versions of this software since 1998 and each upgrade has gotten worse.

• Live4life
    edited February 2015
    Hi everyone,

I noticed that Reckon has missed providing the end of day share prices for 12 Feb 2015, and again tonight, 17 Feb 2015.
    Has Reckon mentioned these omissions anywhere, or the reasons and fixes they provide?
    I am glad the product we so rely upon for accuracy is so reliable, and that the company is so responsive to their client base!

• Peter_7386422
    Peter_7386422 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    I too have missed the share price update for 17th Feb.  This is one of the key reasons I pay the annual fee.  I have received no feedback on the status or notification of the breakdown.  Very poor service.
  • Live4life
    edited February 2015
    Hi,
    There is a new conversation headed:
    "ASX Downloads for reckon accounts stopped dowloading again from 16 Feb"
    with people having the same stock prices download problems.

I wrote:
    Reckon could at least think it would be good PR to inform their customers that they recognise that we have a legit problem, and that they, as the supplier, are pulling all stops out to rectify it.

Unfortunately, Reckon keeps quiet!

This discussion has been closed.