Why is the share price not downloading?

Mat Schlotterbach
Mat Schlotterbach Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I been Using Quicken personal plus since it first started without nearly no problems at all. Since about 3 weeks my shareprice download stopped working, I forward the reports as advised, no replay recieved sofar. Then I recieve Error message Reckon accounts launcher has stopped working... I start all over again, same result. Reading and installing the recommendations did not solve the problem. And now getting to this site via the Reckon online site, I now recieve running script errors on top of my problems. Contacted Reckon support, no help given exept that I should maybe check the community help. This is what I am doing now..please help.

Comments

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited July 2019

Hi Mat,

Welcome to Reckon Community & thank you for the question.

Sorry to hear that, are you able to open the sample company file without any error messages? To open, go to File > Open Sample

If you can the error would be related to your data file, if possible try restoring a most recent backup (File > Restore >) 

If the error message exists even when you try to open the sample file, you may need to uninstall and reinstall RA Personal Plus 13.

As for the Share price download issue, please see if it’s related to one specific or all.

Your firewall could be blocking the program to access internet to download. Please ensure  Reckon Accounts is included in allowed/exception list in your firewall/any other security software. If you continue to have the problem, please let us know the ticker symbol (security code) and we’ll test it here to see if there’s any issue at server end.

Going back to the Script errors this is mainly due to your internet explorer security settings and it’s blocking it.

Resetting Internet Explorer usually fixes this. However, doing so will delete all history, personal data saved and Favourites. You can however export the Favourites (In IE, press ALT on keyboard > File > Import and Export.. > Export to your desktop and after reset it complete, do the same and select Import).

To Reset, in IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset> Restart your browser/Computer). This should fix your Script error.  

Hope this helps

Lax

• Michael Holmes
    Michael Holmes Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Hi
    I am having the exact same problem. Share prices haven't downloaded since 11th March 2014, it looks like it is working but does not update. As far as the script issue goes I don't use IE but Chrome still gives me the script errors. I'm very reluctant to talk to Tech Support directly as I think that $5 per minute is way over the top.

Mike
  • Michael Holmes
    Michael Holmes Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I just fixed my problem by validating my data file everything works fine now.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Mike, great to hear that worked for you! Thanks for letting us know.
  • John Gowdie
    John Gowdie Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2014
    I'm also having the same problems as mentioned above since about 2 weeks. But it's now worse as when I click on "Investing Tag" the screen is slow to add all recorded stocks line-by-line and gets about a third way through and program indicates "not responding", after a few seconds the screen clears and the process starts all over again and again and keeps going through this loop... The only way to stop is to go to Task Manager and quit program. Is there any quick fix for this or would it be best for me to uninstall the program and re-install?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey John, I'd try to uninstall and reinstall. First I would try using a different data file (set up a dummy file if you don't have one) to see if the issue is with the data file or the installation. ^Mirko
  • John Gowdie
    edited October 2014

Hi Mirko, thanks for your advice. I added a dummy file and everything looked okay. I've only now uninstalled the program and reinstalled and it's only fixed the issue of program "not responding" when I click on "Investing Tag", it still loads up line-by-line very slowly and it still does not download the share prices. What can I do next to fix this problem? Does this mean my data file is corrupt?

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    You're more than welcome and thanks for getting back to me with an update John. See if this thread helps with the historic data. If not, then it might be the data file you can then look into this support article regarding repairing data files.
  • John Gowdie
    edited October 2014
    Hi Mirko, I was able to add two more securities  but it's now reverted back to the initial problem of not responding. I had a quick view of those links you provided but I'm not an IT person and don't fully understand, am becoming very frustrated with this program. Are there support people in Melbourne who I can engage to look into this?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey John, there are a few Reckon Accredited Partners who are on the Community and you can also find some via our website. Many offer remote services, but there are those also located in Melbourne.
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Mirko,

I also have a problem of slow response in the portfolio view, where RPP is slow to update the information on the screen. This might relate to the performance that John Gowdie is describing. ?

The price and value information in the portfolio tables paint slowly (about 2 to 5 seconds) which relates to the amount of information that RPP is reviewing to update the information. I am using a 4th gen i5 processor and HDD, so this response would be slower on old hardware.

The portfolio update process should be reviewed to see if some of the information being presented could be calculated in a more efficient way. For my particular case it could relate to managing a 20 mb .qph file, so perhaps a faster way of generating the share prices at the display date could be the issue. I think this problem started to appear with RPP 2013.

John

• Sara Gipton
    Sara Gipton Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    I have this problem too.  Last share update was in September and none since then.  If I disable to the firewall it doesn't make any difference.  The dialogue box says 'updated currencies' but doesn't update any share prices.  Suggestions are welcome.

Sara
  • Michael Fleming
    Michael Fleming Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    I am having the same problem - not updating since August.  Has anyone had success in solving this issue of share prices not updating? Thanks Michael
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2014
    Yeah the slow update process for the portfolio view is typically for me associated with the use of the average annual return columns. Try changing to a different view by using the SHOW drop down box. Yes I also think it is an issue that the program is inefficiently calculating the data, it's another reason this program p's me off so much, I can't even have the data displayed how I want it! On the topic of those not being able to download share prices. Have you upgraded to the 2015 edition? If not then you are out of luck because they changed how it works and only the 2015 edition works now.
  • John Gowdie
    edited November 2014

Well doesn't that suck! You'd think, nay expect Reckon would advise all their registered customers of this instead of complete silence on this issue. Poor form Reckon!

Thanks for the heads-up Gavin on the 2015 edition, I had thought it may have been something to do with how they access the server for this info, I guess I'll have to wait until I get my 2015 update program and hopefully that will fix my problem too.

• gavin.nicholson.au
    edited November 2014
    Depending on how tech saavy your are you could try a domain redirection on your router because I think all that has happened is the program is coded to go to quicken.com.au and now it is reckon.com.au. That is a guess though I haven't tried it because I am now on 2015. I cant find it but I am sure there is a post detailing who is entitled to what depending on when you last bought Quicken in terms of free upgrades? See if you can get onto customer service about it?
  • Peter Byrne
    Peter Byrne Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    I cannot download Medibank private. APL is what I have been advised is the ASX code. It is the only share price that will not download.
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    edited January 2015
    Standard problem as described in all of these threads:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/one-step-update-not-working-in-personal-plus-2015
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/share-prices-in-reckon-without-upgrading-to-2015
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/missing-share-prices
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/updating_shares_prices
    You will see in the second link that I tried a number of things some recommended by Reckon and nothing worked, in fact sometimes made things worse! If you get a solution to this then make sure you let us know!
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November 2016

MPL is the code for Medibank Private

This discussion has been closed.