Sharyn Hanlon

Options
Sharyn Hanlon
Sharyn Hanlon Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

How do I create a liability payment for employer sg when our fund directly debits from our account and Reckon keeps asking for a cheque number

Comments

• Sharyn Hanlon
    Sharyn Hanlon Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Kevin but I've tried overwriting the number but the program won't accept alphabetical characters it keeps returning the error cheque number needs to be numerical.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Sharyn,

Alternatively you can just create your own cheque and point it to the applicable liability account. You will get a message to create a liability cheque, but just click cancel on that error message.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Kevin,

Although it may be a nifty feature I find it completely unreliable.

Many people enter bill, write cheques, create journals, and particularly accountants do journals at the end of the year to these accounts and that report doesn't update. Or when you have super funds who decide the dates that are not a specific month that report is useless again.

I personally encourage my clients to reconcile their liability accounts just like the bank account.

It is then much easier to see when someone gets missed completely, a week, a pay, etc.

So it seems we do things differently Kevin.

My personal preference is to enter a bill at the end of each period for BAS, super, etc and mark the bill as paid on the correct date, that way my liabilities clear out to $0 and the bank account balances too.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)