Shift and Ctrl keys stuck on

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
After pressing the Shift or Ctrl keys the key gets "stuck on".

For example:
1. Press Shift + arrow to select text or similar
2. I then press tab to move to next field but it registers that I have pressed Shift + tab and moves back a field instead.
3. I then have to manually press the Shift key again to "unstick" the key.

It's not my keyboard as other windows/programs are unaffected.
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

• 918 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of gramps376

gramps376

Reckon? This is affecting all users, as you will see from the posts about TAB going to wrong direction
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

• 1,032 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

In preferences have you got it set to Return shifts between fields ?

Screen cap @ http://imgur.com/CfKYull

I have always used return key in QB to move fiields

Photo of gramps376

gramps376

Thanks for reply but I have always used tab to move between fields and shift+ tab to go back a field
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

Reckon, any response?
Photo of Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant

Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 1,082 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi gramps376, try using Chrome at this stage, it seems people are not having that problem using this browser. Be sure to add https://hosted.reckon.com to your trusted sites and also as an exception in your pop up blocker.
Hope that helps, Lesley. Accredited partner
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

Previously had issue with the RAH view freezing in Chrome, then had to resize the window to get it to update. Will try again.
Photo of Cathi P

Cathi P

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Also an issue in Chrome (on Mac) - has occurred in other functions, but primarily in payroll when entering time data. Having worked out where it happens, I now press the shift key once before tabbing in those places. Also if trying to edit information in the description and it is selecting text rather than clicking in the field, press shift once and then click where you wish to edit.

We shouldn't have to do these things, however finding and sharing solutions until a proper fix is implemented seems our best bet at this stage.
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

I just got Chrome working, and can confirm that Shift is not stuck on. However, almost as annoying is that other shortcuts don't work such as Ctrl + tab to scroll between windows within RAH.

10 days in and still incredibly frustrated. We shouldn't have to change the way we work because Reckon is bad at coding software
(Edited)
Photo of ARC BookKeeping

ARC BookKeeping, Accredited Partner

• 6,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Gramps376,

I Have just remembered/found this setting in Windows....does it make any difference ? is it on or off on your PC?

Photo of Cathi P

Cathi P

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just checked my settings (in System Preferences, Accessibility on Mac) and sticky keys is definitely off, with the option to turn on after 5xShift also disabled. This suggests that the sticky keys pop-up originates within the Reckon environment, as I get this quite frequently when using Accounts Hosted.

And it also looks like a windows pop-up, not a Mac notification!
(Edited)