Signing up on GovConnect STP on behalf of client

Thomas_7040795
Thomas_7040795 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am signing up on GovConnect STP for my client and am not sure whose email to enter; the email of the company owner or my email (3rd party bookkeeper). image

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2020
    I personally would get the client to create a login, set up the GovConnect tile and then share that tile with you.  Just my opinion.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    On the money Robyn,

Thomas, I'm assuming you'll be processing and uploading STP pay events on behalf of your client?
    I'll outline the process for doing so below -

1. Your client creates the STP entity in their own Reckon Portal account and adds YOU as an Advisor in the Company & Advisor section.

2. Your client registers the Software ID with the ATO (info on how to register the Software ID HERE)

3. You create your own Reckon Portal account if you haven't already.

4. Your client shares their STP entity to you (info on how to share HERE)

5. You link your client to you in your Tax Agent Portal

6. You can now lodge STP on behalf of your client

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Thomas_7040795
    edited May 2020
    Thanks a lot Rav. That's most helpful.

In point 5. you write 'your Tax Agent Portal'. - Can I do that; I am not a BAS / Tax Agent.

Thanks for your clarification.
  • Thomas_7040795
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Robyn,
    I agree with your opinion. The problem just is that my client want's me to take care of everything....
  • Chantelle B
    Chantelle B Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    Hi Rav, I am in the same position here. We look after everything for one client on our computers on a desktop version of Reckon, he just drops his paperwork in every quarter. Now you say the client needs to register his software ID, does he need an Auskey to do this? 
  • Pam_9173848
    Pam_9173848 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2019
    Hello Rav, I have just been through this process where I am on Reckon Hosted and the customer has no access, nor do they wish to.  It took me half a day to get set up, and still the customer had to be involved.  This is NOT condusive for bookkeepers who have the only access. The customer has no reckon gov connect portal, and Im sorry to say it was the most complicated set up I have ever had the misfortune of having to do.  I cant say anything nice about it at all. I am still not sure how the data gets from hosted to gov connect!! Its TOO complicated.