Simplified BAS Reckon Hosted

Shane Monk
Shane Monk Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Generating a simplified BAS report, figures return all as zero. Have double checked dates, even tried to generate  previous periods with the same results. Have been trying for over a week.

Comments

• glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Have you checked the GST codes on G1 etc.  Click the button to see which codes are attached.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Shane

As Glenda suggested you need to set up the BAS for the first time, you will need to this for all the codes if you included them in the BAS,  G10, G11, 1A, 1B,  W1, W2 etc
  • Shane Monk
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the replies, all codes are correct and setup, have been for 4+ years.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not according to that picture - tax codes when selected are highlighted blue.

Upgrades can affect your BAS, a new user will have to set up the BAS themselves for the first time as well.
  • Shane Monk
    edited June 2019
    Thank you so much, you are correct. Strange why they have dropped out, we have made no changes. Thanks for your help!

• Wayne Seabrook
    Wayne Seabrook Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2019
    I do not have any values appearing in G10 and G11 and I can't select them to select the applicable gst codes, do I also need to select these codes under G1 which is greyed and allowing me to edit.
  • glendaveale
    edited July 2019
    You don’t need any amounts in these two codes for simplified bas. Only G1 is reported now.
  • Wayne Seabrook
    edited July 2019
    Oh that's a relief then.  I checked previous BAS's and realised they didn't have amounts entered either.  Thanks for the reply.
  • glendaveale
    edited July 2019
    You’re welcome. Love that we have a forum to ask for help and to give it.
  • Wayne Seabrook
    edited April 2020
    Is there a document to confirm which GST codes should be selected for each configuration (ie:  at G1 - which codes should be selected)?
  • Ann-Marie_10060888
    Ann-Marie_10060888 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2020
    Just like Wayne, I can't find anything that tells me what GST codes should be selected for each configuration - can anybody help me, please?
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    Not sure if this is what you are after......
    G1 reflects what you have entered using GST code, and the GST component is 1A. These are only income via invoices or Sales Receipts, and journals if used
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    You may need more than just GST code in G1.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Business-activity-statements-(BAS)/Goods-and-services-tax-(GST)/Simpler-BAS-GST-bookkeeping-guide/

For example on the above link "When completing your BAS you must report GST-free sales at G1 Total sales."
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    Yes Robyn you are correct, sorry Wayne