Simplified BAS W2 includes Superannuation: WHY????

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I can't work out how to set up the tax codes on W2 (Amounts withheld from salary, wages and other payments) so that it doesn't include Superannuation in the total. I don't want to pay the Super on the BAS or I will be paying it twice.  How do I set this up?  
Photo of ST

ST

• 618 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Charles van Rotterdam

Charles van Rotterdam

• 9,638 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Does Super and PAYG go to the same account ie Payroll Liabilities. I always separate super into another liability account, that way I don't have the problem
Photo of ST

ST

• 618 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
OMG thank you so much Charles. That worked, yay!!!!
I took over this bookkeeping from someone else and I keep running into these sort of issues.
I can't tell you how many hours I wasted on this.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Charles van Rotterdam

Glad to help, if it's a relatively small organisation then I also create individual sub accounts under "Super payable" for each employee with their own payroll item. Makes it much easier to track. If it's a big organisation then sub accounts by Super Fund
Photo of ScottD

ScottD

• 70 Points

Charles I am having the same problem, however I am not familiar enough with QB to be able to create another Item or Liability.
How do I get all of the Super contributions "retrospectively” into another Liability Item so that I can then select only the PAYG when I click on W2 within the Simplified BAS form.

Charles van Rotterdam

Create a Liability account called "Super Payable" then go to the payroll item list and edit the 'super' item to point to "Super payable". That takes out super, then rename payroll liabilities to PAYG Payable; you can call me on 0266834083, still busy here
Photo of ScottD

ScottD

• 70 Points
Thanks Charles, I think I've got it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.