Simplified BAS figures different from liability report

Robyn_6992353
Robyn_6992353 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
In preparing bas the tax liability report amount is different from the simplified bas amount. The purchase figure is the same but the sales figure on the liability report is about 400 more than on the bas. The dates are correct and I am sure the codes are correct. Anything else I can check?

Comments

• ST_7066710
    ST_7066710 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    I was hoping for an answer to the same question :-(
  • Patsy Luckie
    Patsy Luckie Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Not dissimilar to my problem however expenses by supplier detail report is correct - but BAS and other custom reports show it incorrectly - when I clicked for detail, some random expenses from other years were included.

Hope you found your solution

Rae

• Patsy Luckie
    Patsy Luckie Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Not dissimilar to my problem however expenses by supplier detail report is correct - but BAS and other custom reports show it incorrectly - when I clicked for detail, some random expenses from other years were included.

Hope you found your solution

Rae

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Have you tried running the Tax Summary report; it will show the amounts by Tax Code so you might be able to see where it is
  • Ben Haddock
    Ben Haddock Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    I'm having this same issue, have checked my other reports and all transactions and everything is correc... strangely it has only done it to me on Feb and April this year, I can't work out why- neither can my book keeper. Nothing has changed, and I have three files for different enttites but I am only having this problem on one of the files???
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ben,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Here's a checklist for finding discrepancies between the Tax Liability Report and the BAS Lodgement Form ( I'm sure you have already checked for many of them):

Correct selection of Cash and Accrual on the Report and Lodgement form
    Correct Date Range selected
    Tax codes correctly assigned; are any relevant ones inactive?; 
    Custom Tax codes and Item incorrectly configured or changes not refreshed?
    Resort your Lists and rebuild - check the KBs for any errors discovered.
    Have you used negative amounts on an Invoice - replace these with a discount or Payment item.
    On an item have you used a percentage figure when only an amount should be used?
    Were there partial payments of Invoices and Bills in the period?

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Val Hudson
    Val Hudson Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2016
    I don't know about the rest of the Reckon users but I am so over all these tax codes.
    Our accounting software is meant to make our business run smoother and take less time, but every time there is an upgrade( which we have to have to obtain the latest PAYG tax tables) my tax reports never match it is just the quarter after the upgrade .. it seems to fix itself by the next quarter.i.e the quarter that has not been upgraded. My BAS is already late. I have been trying to get the reports to match for weeks and not sure if I want to keep going with Reckon. My files is over 10 years old and grinding to a halt when it runs reports or worst still the simplified BAS. Other accounting software has the ability to archive older records and some don't need us to imput silly codes. Reckon's only solution to reducing my company file is to start my company file from now , importing the only the balance figure and stock etc. What am enormous amount of work and I am starting to think if I have to start a new file importing account balance and end figures etc, Maybe I should just do that into a smarter accounting program like MYOB or AREO. But I have just purchased Reckon POS so what a waste of money that will be. So over Reckon and lack of real support and fixing issues. 
  • Val Hudson
    Val Hudson Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2016
    Thanks John, tried all this and wasted many hours doing it. My problems only happen after I upgrade. Actually ran reports before upgrade this year and nearly matched. After upgrade, some codes are missing from items and my simplified BAS does not match my tax summary? The simplified BAS had codes in it after the upgrade that I hadn't loaded it with and even after I fixed these it still doesn't match .. I have run all the reports including the exception reports etc and all the codes are correct. Your comment re negatives in the invoice is interesting but I don't see how this upsets the BAS or reports and as my customers often return items for exchange I have no intention of doing a credit when I can simply put it on the new invoice.
    Sick of this ..