Since loading Personal Plus 2018, column widths have narrowed and are no longer adjustable

Tony Elder
Tony Elder Member Posts: 8
The account panel has narrowed to the point it cannot be read properly

In reconcile, the amounts column has narrowed to the point, I cannot read the amounts.

Comments

• Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited June 2019
    Hi Tony
    If I read your cry for help correctly re the 'accounts panel' - move your cursor slowly over the separating line between register and account list, it should turn into a double-arrow, left mouse-click to drag wider. Not sure re the reconcile window but you can also re-size this window again drawing cursor to the side, wait for double-arrows and drag wider??
    regards
    Andy
    PS If no good perhaps some screen shots

A.
  • Tony Elder
    edited August 2018
    On the Account list, I do get the double arrow and before upgrading to PP 2018, could use that as you have described.  But no longer.

I had never seen the problem with the reconcile function until the last few days, when I started to reconcile accounts for the first time since loading PP2018.  A screen print would disclose confidential financial information, so I am unwilling to go down that road, but what happens is that the dollar sum in the payments section is unreadable as the last dollar digit and the cents columns are hidden.  If I hover over each amount, it will then show that amount in full, but as you can imagine, that is tedious.
  • Andrew Christie
    edited June 2019
    Hi Tony
    Are any other programs suffering from incorrect displays, sizing of windows etc?
    If you use the 'Snipping Tool' you should be able to clip sufficient to see the problem without divulging info.
    Re the Accounts panel, do you have amounts shown or not, perhaps changing this setting might kick it back into gear (right mouse click on the account panel)
  • Tony Elder
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Andrew,
    On the accounts panel, I do show the balances.  I tried hiding the amounts, then showing them again.  I then moved the accounts panel from left of screen to right of screen and back again, but it made no difference.  In the course of doing that, I realised that I can further narrow the panel and then increase the size back to where it was, but not widen it further.

So far as I have detected, the problem with reconcile does not show up in any other programs and is not occur on every file I reconcile. 

I attach a snipped section of the payments reconcile column.  The Deposits reconcile column has the same problem. 

What I have now realised and is shown in the bottom transaction, is that it is not a problem if I am dealing with amounts less than $1k.  In the one shown, it did not matter if I had checked the item in the Clr column or not.  In another account, the amount showed in full until I checked the Clr column, when it went like this example.

While we are on the subject, I am also having 2 other problems:

1.  The Reckon launcher only works about 1 time in 3 or 4.  Sometimes the very first image comes up and then drops out.  Other times, it freezes and I have to use Task Manager to kill it.

2.  I get sections of the screen blacking out, particularly headings and check boxes - see attached photo.

Are you able to help with these problems?

Regards,
    Tony

• Andrew Christie
    edited June 2019
    Just a quick reply to your #2 issue - do you use Kaspersky 'Safe Money'? If so, when you have a protected web page up e.g. internet banking, and you are running Reckon / Quicken the same time, fields will be blanked out. I'm sure I had a fix for this in prior years but unfortunately I have forgotten it so I too have to put up with this. :-(

• Andrew Christie
    edited June 2019
    Re problem #1 are you starting the program from a shortcut? Try starting the program from the source  e.g.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal\qw.exe" if all works fine get rid of your existing shortcuts and create a new one. 
  • Andrew Christie
    edited June 2019
    Re the amounts being cut off I have no quick answer as I have not been able replicate myself.
    See if this helps any: https://www.quicken.com/support/menu-quicken-missing-not-working-appears-doubled-or-font-size-too-la...

Also when looking for answers online use 'quicken' as a search term as well,as Reckon is the Quicken program re-badged - you probably know that already.

Unfortunately I am away now for a few days so hopefully an answer can be found by another user which, hopefully, doesn't involve a re-install.
    cheers
    Andy
  • Andrew Christie
    edited June 2019
    Hi Tony are your register font settings the same as these?

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Tony?
    Also, what is your screen resolution and is it set to the recommended settings?
    Thirdly, have you tried running as administrator and also compatibility mode?
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Tony Elder
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Andrew,  I am satisfied that is indeed the problem which causes the fields to be blanked out.
    I have raised it with Kaspersky, however, they have come back with some fairly technical suggestions, which I have not had time to try.  For the moment, I just close 
    Reckon, if opening Safe Money.  Not ideal, but it stops the problem.
    Regards,
    Tony
  • Tony Elder
    edited August 2018
    Yes, identical.

• Andrew Christie
    edited August 2018
    Hi Tony
    Have they referred you to their online forum or actually sent you suggestions? Let me know how you go as I am also up to here with the 'redacted' fields in Quicken/Reckon'
    cheers
  • Andrew Christie
    edited August 2018
    Any joy with this suggestion?