Since the upgrade yesterday I can no longer log in to Reckon Accounts through Google Chrome browse

Debra_7040819
Debra_7040819 Member Posts: 19
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Since the upgrade yesterday I can no longer log in to Reckon Accounts through  Google  Chrome browser .

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Debra,
    What's happening when you try?
    Are you getting any error messages or anything else? Does your login go through successfully on a different browser? ie. is it just Chrome having the issue?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    It seems to be that I can log in if I press enter, once in my tool bars aren't working & my mouse is only working with the program every so often. I don't have a full screen so I can't even exit using x because I can't see it. The whole program is failing to the point I can't exit quickbooks, the file drop down is not working. Help I need to run a payroll.
  • Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    I think it's only Chrome but because I can't exit I'm not game to open the program in Explorer. No error messages. Just  basically non responsive. Last night I couldn't get in at all.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Are you able to navigate/access the Hosted control panel at all? If so, can you please try ending all active remote sessions under the 'Log off Remote Sessions' area.

Once that is done, logout (use the logout option in the corner) and close your browser window.

Wait approximately 5-6 minutes and try again, does the same problem persist?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    What is the hosted control panel?
  • Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018

I found the control,  I've done that.

• Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I had similar problems yesterday, at first I thought it was my mouse as it was unresponsive and laggy, so I replace the battery!  Worked okay for a little while then everything became laggy and unresponsive for periods of time for most of the afternoon, could it possibly be that Chrome was doing updates also?  So far today I haven't had any issues.
  • Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018

It's still the same basically non responsive. The top of the screen is now bright blue & very sow to load to even open the program. I'm running out of time here.

• Rav
    edited January 2018
    Hi Debra,
    Can you please give us a buzz on 1300 799 150 as soon as you get a chance. There aren't any login issues occurring at the moment so we'll need to take a closer look into what is causing the issue for you.

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    I will call shortly the internet has just gone down so I'll have to wait for that to be working again.
  • Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018

I've been on hold for 25 minutes, is there another number I can call?

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    30 minutes waiting on line, I've hung up & tryng to call back.
  • Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Okay, I've started experiencing problems again.  Keeps going to black screen, have to go back and login again and again.  Debra try holding for about 5 mins, I think Reckons standard message states it is 30 mins wait but I have never had to wait that long.
  • Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    On hold again, Reckon wants us to use the online help so we don't call in then we are requested to make a phone call to the help centre & more waiting & wasted time. Reckon's phone service is appalling. There should be another phone number given to customers who have already tried the online help.
  • Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018

I can't use Reckon at all there is no response from the mouse & this started yesterday after Reckon put their upgrade through. The service is appalling. We pay good annual fees for this & I've been using QB's for 20years, I've probably had assistance twice in all those years & when you need it this is what you get, nothing.

• Michelle Mills
    Michelle Mills Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2018
    We have a user experiencing the problem this morning.
  • Rav
    edited January 2018
    Debra,
    I'm sorry to hear we've kept you waiting, the team are working through their calls as quickly and thoroughly as possible. I'd discourage you from hanging up and calling again as all it does is put you to the back of the queue. Based on the nature of your issue you do need speak to a technician as this platform is limited however I have a few more suggestions from them for you.

1. Try a different browser. You've mentioned above that you don't want to open it in IE while you have it running in Chrome. Logout as best as you can and close Chrome. Login to Internet Explorer but before launching, go into the Hosted control panel and end any active sessions.

2. Check if there are any browser updates in Chrome (Settings > About)

3. Clear your browser cache. If there are any rendering, graphical or loading issues which is causing your browser to fail displaying the page properly this will help in clearing that.

4. Provide your User ID so check if there are any active sessions running already.

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018

Another 35 minutes, finally answered.

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018

After using the online community, 1hr10 mins on hold to help centre & a almost a further 1 hour of tech fixing the problem then I  logged in for the 2nd time & the program is once again not working with the exact same problems. A total waste of 3hrs this morning. What next, I don't have another 3hrs to give up waiting on the phone & having a tech attempt to have the program working correctly in  Google Chrome. This is ridiculous. The call centre doesn't even give you a reference no. so you can call back & have what is now the same problem attended to in a more efficient manner.

• Rav
    edited January 2018
    Debra,
    As I've asked previously, have you tested whether or not you can access Hosted successfully via a different browser? If yes, does it launch successfully or do you encounter the same problem?

For your Chrome, I'd suggest resetting the browser as it should help. Go into your Chrome settings > Advanced > Reset

An earlier comment of yours mentioned internet issues, has this been resolved? Is your connection stable and speed sufficient to operate Hosted? This is crucial to proper performance and ability to launch the service.

• Mel_9490743
    Mel_9490743 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    I too was on hold for 37 minutes before being answered today.  Not good. And still don't have a way to resolve my issue.

• Debra_7040819
    edited January 2018
    Yes to all your questions. I just had a Reckon Tech working on it for almost an hour doing all the things you suggested some of which I had also completed, I logged on while he was remote accessing & everything worked. When I went back to it later the program has the exact same fault & can't be used. I've been using Google Chrome for probably the last couple of years with Reckon Hosted & no problems. I'm using Reckon in Internet Explorer at the moment & no problems but I want to use it in Google Chrome as Internet Explorer isn't supported any longer & I don't like it as a browser. I shouldn't have to change my browser because a Reckon upgrade that is not operating correctly with my preferred browser that I was using prior to the upgrade. I just want the problem corrected.
  • Michelle Mills
    Michelle Mills Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2018
    We have tried all the recommended including trying from a different laptop in 2 different browsers and one user can not still access Reckon Hosted.
  • vittoria
    vittoria Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @Rav     same issue Dec 2019
    I have tried other browsers such as explorer and firefox and it doesn't work.
    Spent an hour on the phone last wednesday with your techos -no luck 
    awaiting resolution on my case.