since updating to 2018 i cant print anything

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Since I updated to 2018 I can no longer print. My printer wont come up and i cant add it. Please help.
Photo of Kym

Kym

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 18,994 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kym.  Have you done a search on this site for solutions to this problem?  There are stacks of other people who have had the same problem.  Here are some options:
1.   Have you enabled popups for your browser - an essential requirement.
2.  Check out the following for some help with this:
https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/when-i-try-to-print-in-reckon-accounts-hosted-nothing-hap...
3.  The first stage of printing under hosted is to create a PDF using the Reckon PDF printer - it is impossible at this stage to select any other printer.
4.  After the PDF is produced, you should be able to select your own printer to print off the document, providing that you have followed the above steps first.
John L G
Photo of Kym

Kym

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks John for your help. Its not a pop up issue. Im going through the printing process exactly as i have always done. The problem is that when i get to the final print stage, my printer doesnt come up, only a reckon one and I cant change it. im using the same computer, the only thing Ive done differently is upgrade to 2018.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kym,
Are you referring to the Hosted print box in my screenshot example below? If so, you cannot change your printer from here which has always been the case with Hosted. What you need to do is click Print and you'll be able to change the destination printer on the next screen that opens, provided that you have enabled popups as listed HERE, see my second screenshot example.