since upgrade i cannot print as print box has reckon printer designated and I cannot change it

Martin Cox
Martin Cox Member Posts: 6
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Since upgrade cannot print from reckon Hosted as print box had reckon printer designated and it cannot be changedc

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Martin. Popups in your browser have to be enabled. Have you done this? John L G
  • Martin Cox
    edited July 2018
    yes did this first day when Reckon gave advice re upgrade. Unfortunately I still get Reckon printer in the print box and it cannot be changed
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    If you acknowledge that print box by clicking Print, the next print screen will open which will allow you to change your printer destination (provided that popups have been enabled as John has mentioned).

Example below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Martin Cox
    edited July 2020
    Unfortunately when I press print no boxes come up to be able to change printer.  It goes straight to a blue box in top RH corner of screen that informs me it is printing when of course it is not to my printer.
  • Tim Richards
    Tim Richards Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Money Owings to me
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Sometimes that blue box can take some time before it eventually arrives at your own printer dialogue box.  

Perhaps check and see what your current default printer has been set to.
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hmm.. which browser are you using?

From that description it sounds like pop ups might not be enabled to open the next screen. Are you getting any indication of a pop up awaiting action?

I'm using Chrome and get this symbol for example.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Martin Cox
    edited July 2018
    Doesn't ever get to printer. Am having to e-mail all documents to myself and then print as a stop gap. Current default is our Cannon. There is no reckon printer in the printer file
  • Martin Cox
    edited July 2018
    The pop ups are enabled as per Chrome web site as no response boxes came up on pressing print. Why does the print box have reckon printer in it and the redirect number in this box along with the T no. changes every time. Was the pop up enable supposed to change the print box to show my printers as in past as this obviously has not happened. Has any one else this problem?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Martin.  The Reckon PDF printer is the first step in the printing process, as it always has been with Hosted  After printing to that, you should get the option, from the resultant PDF, to print to your own printer.
    John L G 
  • Martin Cox
    edited July 2018
    rebooted system again today and after I press print in the Print box I wait for the blue printing box to appear in the top right hand corner and then that vanished and a while later a pdf box opens in the bottom left hand corner which if I click goes to a print page for the item to be printed, clicking on this produces the print. Unfortunately although the upgrade has reduce the number of clicks it has not improved the time it takes to get a print as it all takes a long time to load and process. Also another annoying addition is that once it has printed invoice the box re refreshing the accounts receivable comes up and no matter what you press it goes to the accounts receivable page so you have to close that and re-open the invoice page. Sort of improve one thing but **** up another