Single Touch Payroll - 2 entities

Christine Gribble
Christine Gribble Member Posts: 9
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I do payroll for 2 companies and got them set up in the Reckon Portal without any problems. But today when I went to upload the STP files for the first time, it accepted the first one but won't accept the second one. It wants to replace the first upload even though I'm in the second company.  What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    Hi Christine,
    It sounds like you've created the pay event file as a Full File Replacement in your Reckon accounting software rather than just a 'normal' pay event file which is why its asking you which file you want to replace.

If its just a normal new pay event file that you're creating, please ensure that you don't select a tickbox (ie. Full File Replacement, Update Event etc) when creating the pay event file in your Reckon accounting software.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Christine Gribble
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav
    That makes sense. Do I just go back and recreate the STP file in the software?
    Thanks
    Christine
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    That's exactly right. When you are creating the STP file in your Reckon accounting software and its just a normal pay event you need to submit, don't tick any of the options and it will generate as a normal pay event and will be available for you to submit in GovConnect.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Christine Gribble
    edited July 2019
    Many thanks Rav.  I've now successfully uploaded both files and they're both showing Pending.