Single Touch Payroll - ATO Error Messages

Belinda_8323426
Belinda_8323426 Member Posts: 37
edited May 2020 in Payroll Premier
I have received the following error messages within Reckon GovConnect after uploading STP files to the ATO.

1st Entity

"The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = (08)9222----, item type = String, uniqueID = http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt:TelephoneMinimalN) Hint: The Pattern constraint failed."

I have compared the phone number recorded in the Company Information within GovConnect against the phone number recorded in Payroll Premier.  Both exactly the same!  How do I resolve this issue?

2nd Entity:....

"The requestID is valid, but the pull request is yet to be queued.

"Pay period start date cannot be after Pay Period End date"  - I have checked and the dates are correct.  So I do not understand why I am receiving this error message.  I have re-run the STP file and selected 'Full File Replacement' so hopefully that will resolve that error.

***UPDATE***
The GovConnect error came back again with "Pay period start date cannot be after Pay Period End date"  But it's not??!!  Why am I getting this error?
Do I need to redo the pay run all over again in case for some reason that pay run is corrupted somehow?  Is this an ATO issue?  Or is this a Payroll Premier issue? 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Hi Belinda,
    For the first entity, you need to update the phone number and remove the special characters ie. the brackets. The phone number field can only contain digits, no special characters or spaces etc.

For the second entity,
    Here's info on what the first message means -
    The request is valid but the pull request is yet to be queued - Single Touch Payroll

In regard to the pay period message, have there been any terminated employees recently?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Belinda_8323426
    edited July 2018
    HI Rav, thank you for coming back to me.
    For the first error, can you just confirm that I edit the phone number in Payroll Premier?  Because there are brackets showing in the Company Information in GovConnect and I thought we had to have the detail identical to what is recorded in there?  But I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

For the second entity, no there are no changes to the staff.  However, I did have an issue where my Pay Date and Pay Period Ending date were showing in opposite cells.  However, I change selected the Preserve Dates in the 'Advanced' window during the Processing Pays which seems to be have rectified that issue.
  • Belinda_8323426
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav
    I have been able to upload the amended STP file for the first entity. Thank you

However, I still have the issue with the Second Entity.  Should I re-process the pay run?

Cheers
  • Belinda_8323426
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav, did you have any further advice on the above?  I need to rectify the payroll data so I can upload a successful STP file to the ATO.
    Thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Belinda,
    For the second entity, what is the error message you're getting now? 

Is it still the same "Pay period start date cannot be after Pay Period End date" message?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Belinda_8323426
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav, I decided to delete the pay run and start again.  Even though I followed the exact same process as I always do, entering the correct date paid and Pay Ending Date, for some unknown reason this time it was a successful upload to STP.   PHEW!
    Errors now resolved!
  • Simone_9171542
    Simone_9171542 Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2019
    Hello,

I am receiving the "Pay period start date cannot be after Pay Period End date" for the last three uploaded STPs.

Any insight?

Will I need to do ALL three pay runs as belinda has done above??

Thanks 
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,262 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2019
    My message is below, I have had no trouble with my July pays and now I have this message for my last pay. I haven’t tested another file to see if the ATO is down as suggested by errorimage