Single Touch Payroll - Delete draft pay events

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited October 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi everyone,

The Reckon GovConnect STP service has been updated to allow you to delete unwanted pay events.
A delete button has been added within GovConnect STP and will appear on pay events with a 'Draft' status. The delete button is available on the pay run list page and employee list view of a pay run.

Any pay events that have been submitted to the ATO and/or have a 'Submitted' status cannot be deleted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Garys Hydraulics
    Garys Hydraulics Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Doing a new pay run just now and when I click submit it won't show the new pay run in the list of files (to replace) when confirming so I can't lodge the new run. Only options I get are from my last 5 pay runs.

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited August 2018
    Hi Gary

If you are doing a new pay run you should not be using a full file replacement, that is only if you need to replace the most recent run you have done as there was a mistake.

Cheers
  • Garys Hydraulics
    edited October 2019
    Hi Simon,

When lodging a file it only gives three options. Full File Replacement, Updated Event or Final Pay Event.

All others have worked no worries with full file replacement. Either way the date and pay run i'm submitting doesn't show up on the submit window.

Edit - Also if it was a mistake you were fixing wouldn't you use update event?

This is the only STP we have had any issues with. All of last months worked fine, just thinking it's a bug since start of the month.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Gary,
    The Full File Replacement & Update Event options are used to correct a Pay Event that has been submitted to the ATO successfully already. In this case, you haven't.

If you're doing a new pay event, in other words a 'normal' pay event, don't select any of those options when you're exporting.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Garys Hydraulics
    edited August 2018
    Thanks. Don't know why I did this run differently. Working now. 
  • Mikayla
    Mikayla Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Hello, I am trying to lodge a pay run that I have previously missed.  Reckon is only bringing up my last five pay runs.  Is there anyway to access a previous pay run?
    Thank you Mikayla
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    H Mikayla,
    From what you've described, I think this KB article might help explain what you're seeing - 
    Single Touch Payroll Lodgement window does not list all my previous payruns

• TREVOR CHIVELL_9747945
    TREVOR CHIVELL_9747945 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Gary's problem seems to be the same as mine. I will try the suggested solution. Thanks
  • TREVOR CHIVELL_9747945
    TREVOR CHIVELL_9747945 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018

I tried it and it worked. Do not tick any of the three boxes and submit seamlessly.
     Thanks you everyone especially Gary for asking the question. Trevor
  • Sylvia Johnston
    Sylvia Johnston Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Anyone have any idea how to delete a file that has an error that was rejected by the ATO? It was my first attempt and now it just sits on the list with ERROR. The ATO didn't accept it so why can't i delete it as it's annoying seeing it sitting there!
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Sylvia,
    Any pay events that have any status other than Draft cannot be deleted and need to be retained as required by the ATO.

• Sylvia Johnston
    Sylvia Johnston Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for this, really appreciated.  Now I have a second issue.  When I submit the file I receive an error a little while after the pending message. The error states:
    • A text character must be one of the following: A to Z a to z 0 to 9 ! @ $ % & * ( ) - = [ ] ; : ' " , . ? / or a space character

• Any ideas on this one???
    • Many thanks
    • Sylvia

• Linda McRobert
    Linda McRobert Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2019
    the problem is with error on a payrun still adds into the employee's gross and I cant put a minus sign to adjust then re-submitt
  • Trish Hudspith
    Trish Hudspith Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    I'm having the same problem, did you find an answer
     to fix this 
  • Rick Penny
    Rick Penny Member Posts: 3

Rav,

So I've read through the comments and questions but I'm still not seeing what I need. I've entered three pay runs with the same date. I need to delete two of them or my end of year payroll balance will be incorrect. They have already been submitted ad approved by the ATO.

• Rav

@Rick Penny

As outlined in the opening post any submissions that have been submitted to the ATO cannot be deleted for any reason. We are required to retain any sent submissions by the ATO.

With that said, please keep in mind Single Touch Payroll is reported on a Year to Date basis only. Any subsequent submissions that you successfully send will update the YTD balances automatically.

• Rick Penny
    Rick Penny Member Posts: 3

Rav,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to have you reiterate something that was already said