Single Touch Payroll Formatting issues?

Swee
Swee Member Posts: 9
edited September 2018 in Reckon One
I am having alot of trouble sending off STP files via RECKON ONE. 

The error message was: "Request was incorrectly formatted or was missing required items."

I had checked 3 times on all the required fields as listed on: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5663 . All items seems to be OK. 

I also called RECKON ONE support, but they just asked me to check every employee items. (which i did, again).

I know there is NOT a problem with any link with the ATO because I had successfully sent STP for one employee. 

Can RECKON please provide a bit more support in regards to this. It would be helpful to know exactly what is wrong with the inputs. 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Swee,
    You've mentioned you've successfully submitted an STP file previously, so just checking, on this attempt are you trying to submit for the same employee or additional/different employees?

Does every employee have ONE email address, phone number and employee number listed against them and without any special/invalid characters in these fields?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Also, where in the process do you encounter this message?

When clicking Send to GovConnect or when submitting the pay event in GovConnect STP?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Swee
    edited September 2018
    Hi Rav,

I was submitting for additional/different employees. 

It could be that more than one employee have different email addresses. I will check that.

What are special/invalid characters? I have deleted "-" and "()" for example.

I clicked "sent to GovConnect STP"  in the STP page. 
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Different email addresses are ok, but each employee can only have one email address rather than 2 or 3 or more.

In regard to special characters, yes they are symbols like quotation marks, dashes, brackets, slashes etc. Ensure that these fields only contain numbers or letters as required.

Also, check that you don't have any leading or trailing spaces before or after a phone number or email address

• Swee
    edited September 2018
    Hi Rav

I have done what you have advised, and still no success. 

How can I know what is wrong exactly? Its like finding a needle in a haystack.

Swee

• Rav
    edited September 2018
    Are you still receiving the same error message mentioned in your opening post or something different now?

• Swee
    edited September 2018
    Its the same message
    • Request was incorrectly formatted or was missing required items.
This discussion has been closed.